Berger Paints Nigeria Plc - Founded on the 9th Day of January, 1969, Berger Paints Nigeria Plc is a leader in the manufacturing, development, distribution and sale of paints and coatings to professional, Industrial, commercial and retail customers in Nigeria. We operate in 5 business segements; Decorative, Industrial coatings, Marine and Protecton coatings, Automotive/Vehicle refinishes and Wood Preservers and finishes. Our portfolio includes well known brands such as Luxol,Texcote and Superstar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Overall Purpose of Job
- To control the sales and marketing operations and to guide the entire sales and marketing team to achieve the set objectives Pan- Nigeria.
Description of Main Activities and Tasks
- Achieve the sales collection targets and the company's budget through the sales and marketing team members;
- Develops policies, standards operating procedures and other guidelines for smooth running of the business;
- Restructures the entire sales and marketing function as necessary to achieve the corporate objectives;
- Works closely with all the cross functional heads to achieve corporate objectives;
- Builds and establishes contacts with key decision makers of the major industries and key clientele for each product segments, government offices, corporate entities, major architects, contractors and business houses and all stakeholders;
- Establishes effective communication link between all grades of employees within the function;
- Plans for and ensures product availability and visibility to meet corporate turnover with the objective of becoming a dominant player in the Nigerian paint market;
- Monitors business environments on changes likely to affect sales positively or otherwise for appropriate action;
- Prepares and submits weekly sales flash/report, monthly sales report as well as reports for board meetings;
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies and analyzes trends and results;
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products;
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans;
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors;
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand;
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results;
- Maintains national sales force by ensuring prompt recruitment, selection, orientation and training of sales team members;
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The requirement is for a marketing professional with a minimum of 10 -12 years experience in the marketing of industrial products both at the institutional and retail segments. The successful candidate would hold a Master's degree in disciplines related to Marketing and a track record of success in similar positions.
go to method of application »
Overall Purpose of Job
To develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies:
- Description of Main Activities and Tasks
- Monitors and analyzing market trends
- Studies competitors' products and services
- Explores ways of improving existing products and services, to increase profitability
- Identifies target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them
- Prepares and manages marketing plans and budgets
- Manages the production of promotional material
- Liaises with other internal departments such as sales and distribution
- Produces reports to monitor results and presents findings and suggestions to company directors or other senior managers
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- The requirement is for a marketing professional with a minimum of 8-10 years experience in the marketing of industrial products both at the institutional and retail segments.
- The successful candidate would hold a Master's Degree in disciplines related to Marketing and a track record of success in similar positions.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the criteria above, should send their applications with updated CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.