Based in Dubai, the Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with a turnover of approximately US$18.4 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, one of the largest air services provider globally and Emirates airline, the Group’s rapidly expanding and award-winning international carrier. Currently, Emirates flies to over 125 destinations across 6 continents on a modern fleet of 180 wide-bodied aircraft.
- Ensure a high standard of Customer Service is maintained at all times and be able to project the EK image at all times by being fully conversant with EK ticketing and fares procedures; responding to customer queries; complaints and claims in an efficient and timely manner in order to restore passenger confidence.
- Deal with problems arising such as delays; disruptions; excess baggage or denied boarding; including implementation of the 'Options' Scheme; in order to retain customer confidence and loyalty.
- Ensure expenditure on meals and accommodation for transfer or delayed passengers are in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure the expeditious and accurate completion of all documentation including tickets; MCOs; Excess baggage tickets; PTAs; DSR's etc
- Make/amend reservations as and when necessary, handle rebooking of flights accommodation and re-issuing tickets and issuance of FIMs in the event of disruptions for EK and other airlines.
- Recalculate fares for passengers changing itinerary; making additional collection as required; completing daily ticket sales returns and ensuring monies are banked.
- Monitor both inbound and outbound transfer passengers. Make arrangements to expedite their journey through the airport. Compile various statistics on transfer numbers and provide daily shift reports.
- Undertake Check-in for transfer passengers at the Transfer Desk. Allocate seats process transfer baggage requirements and ensure visas and other documentation is in order for travel.
- Assist other Airport Services team members as and when required and undertake various administrative functions and other duties as directed from time to time by the Airport Services Manager and Ticket Desk Supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- High school level of education or equivalent
- Knowledge of Reservations and Ticketing (preferably with some airport experience).
- Completed basic courses in MARS Reservations and Fares and Ticketing.
- A working knowledge of Departure Control Systems (DCS)
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills; and the ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
go to method of application »
- Deploying available Emirates resources to best advantage in order to satisfy passenger and operational requirements arising during each duty period.
- Ensuring that Ground Handling Agent and other suppliers are fully briefed regarding EK requirements and that they deliver them in a timely and efficient manner so that the service handling proceeds smoothly and Emirates passengers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Dealing with problems arising such as delays, disruptions, excess baggage or denied boarding including implementation of the ‘options’ scheme, within the guidelines provided by the Airport Services Manager in order to retain customer confidence and loyalty.
- Investigating and responding to queries, complaints and claims received from various Head Office Departments or passengers direct, in an efficient and timely manner in order to restore passenger confidence.
- Other duties as directed from time to time by the Airport Services Manager or Senior Airport Official on duty e.g. assistance with Immigration Fines (where appropriate), in order to meet the needs of the operation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to 'A' level standard or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Airport Ground Handling, with at least 2 years experience as a senior station assistant and with proven ability or aptitude to lead a team.
- Must have completed relevant professional training courses. (Advanced courses in Passenger Services, Reservations & Ticketing, Ground Operations & Cargo, Weight and Balance, Baggage Services & Claims and Behavioral Skills etc.)
- Should have a working knowledge of Departure Control Systems (DCS)
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a pleasant outgoing personality.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale