- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
- Design, fabrication, modification and maintenance of any part or component of equipment use in the factory.
- Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair. Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and building regulations.
- Inspects electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Installs electrical system components (e.g. lighting, alarms, electrical panels, switches, circuits, scoreboards, timers, street signs, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded electrical capabilities.
- Maintains assigned equipment, and tools for the purpose of ensuring availability in a safe operating condition. Monitors the electrical work of contractors for the purpose of ensuring that the projects are satisfactory completed and within specifications.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Repairs electrical components and/or systems (e.g. motors, circuits, transformers, generators, compressors, switches, intercom systems, cafeteria kitchen equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Coordinates with assigned Foreman and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical College, City & Guide certificate in electrical electronics or its equivalents
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Ability to interpret electrical drawing with good knowledge of control circuit.
- Hands on experience in Programmable Logical Control - PLC - is an added advantage
- Installations of equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Troubleshooting causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance -- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.