Arik Air is now Nigeria’s leading commercial airline. People choose to work here for many reasons. There is the excitement of being a part of a vibrant, international and expanding airline community. We also offer the opportunity to travel and this incentive motivates prospective employees who want to join the Arik team and work for the “Wings of Nigeria”.
Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing "the best care in the air". Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. ‘No airline does it in the unique Arik way’.
Department FINANCE Reporting to CEO Location LAGOS Date April 2015
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible to develop audit procedures, plan and conduct internal audits with a focus on the commercial, financial, and operational aspects of the airline and to ensure that the company’s assets are adequately protected. Prepares and communicates audit findings and recommendation to management and the audit committee. The Internal Audit Manager will work with minimum supervision. A critical success factor will be how to professionally interact with other managers maintaining the highest organisational and professional integrity.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Agrees audit plan with CEO and Audit Committee.
- Assesses the company’s financial, operational and IT procedures, system implementations in order to determine the reliability and integrity of information; compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations; the safeguarding of assets; and the economical and efficient use of resources as scheduled on the audit plan.
- Develops and delivers audit plan on time, including resource budget, field work and draft report.
- Identifies and evaluates the company’s risk areas including whistle blower investigations.
- Responsible for the planning and performance of internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems and to ensure compliance and prepare accurate audit reports.
- Develops and evaluates procedures and processes to address areas of audit concern.
- Conduct ad hoc audits as requested by the Executive management team and Audit Committee.
- Manages 3rd party audits including local authority audits, audit firms or fraud investigations.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting Commerce or related discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience at a senior level within aviation, large accounting firm or blue chip business
- Preferable Knowledge of airlines useful but not essential.
- Demonstrable Strong technical Audit Skills, high degree of knowledge of internal controls, finance and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Risk based Audit Techniques.
- Experience in Fraud exposure and Detection.
- High initiative, professional curiosity, excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to build working relationships at all levels from SVP to secretary.
- All levels of the organisation.
- External Auditors
Method of Application
To apply, send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale