Etihad Airways is the flag carrier airline of the United Arab Emirates along with Emirates Airlines with its head office is in Khalifa City A, near Abu Dhabi. Established by royal decree in July 2003, Etihad commenced operations in November 2003. The name derives from the Arabic word for "union" (الإتّحاد al-ittiḥād).
The airline operates more than 1,000 flights per week to 96 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas, with a fleet of 105 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. In 2012, Etihad carried 10.3 million passengers, a 23% increase from the previous year, delivering revenues of US$4.8 billion and net profits of US$42 million. Etihad Airways is the fourth largest airline in the Middle East and it is the second largest airline in the UAE, after the Dubai-based airline Emirates. Its main base is Abu Dhabi International Airport.
This position will be responsible for the commercial organisation and to maximize revenue and profit generation via all distribution channels, through the most effective and innovative sales and marketing campaigns through dynamic and effective leadership. Be a brand ambassador and ensure Etihad Airways is positioned as a professional, high quality and unique airline with the highest levels of customer service to our guests, meeting all legal, Governmental and other requirements and regulations.
- University degree, preferably in business administration, excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written. Minimum 10 years airline experience, including 5 years at management level with a proven track record in airline sales, marketing, reservations & revenue management processes
- Excellent management skills, process & people management
- You should have cultural awareness, preferably from working in multiple & across cultural groups.
- You must have ability to communicate & negotiate diplomatically & successfully at the highest levels of Government & Civil Aviation organizations
- A vocational training to complement the above mentioned qualifications, education & experience
- Fluency in in English is mandatory
Your responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Meet & exceed revenue & profitability targets, maximizing sector & network revenue & yield and focusing on achieving optimum route profitability.
- Ensure sales and marketing resources, call patterns and areas of focus are those with the highest incremental revenue and profit.
- Ensure all sales distribution channels are fully exploited to Etihad’s benefit
- Develop and implement sales & marketing strategies that ensure key revenue, cost and profitability targets are met, with a level playing field for selling partners.
- Develop and maintain effective brand positioning and brand equity, in line with Etihad’s aim to be a high quality and unique airline.
- Collect, collate, feedback and act upon market intelligence.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the travel trade, corporate, guests, governments, ministries, etc.
- Motivate, coach and lead the commercial team to exceed targets
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.