Tenaris is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of tubular products and services used in the drilling, completion and production of oil and gas and a leading supplier of tubular products and services used in process and power plants and in specialized industrial and automotive applications.
Reports To: Procurement Coordinator
Tenaris is a leading supplier of tubes and related services for the world’s energy industry and certain other industrial applications with Manufacturing Facilities in 15 countries, Research and Development Centres in 15 countries and Service & Distribution networks in more than 30 countries.
The role of the Customs and Logistics Analyst manages all custom clearance & importation logistics related activities for Procurement purchase orders to suppliers abroad. Also, to support buyers in importation of materials and report to management status of imported purchase orders.
- To manage all relationships and activities related to the import of materials (custom clearance and logistics)
- To follow up of all importation tramits for all importation purchase orders/frame agreement issuing for all importation related repetitive activities
- Management of custom agents and ports authorities relationship
- Analyze and solve problems related to importation tramits and documentation
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Graduate calibre preferably in an Engineering or International Trade discipline
- International trade certification is an added advantage
- Maximum of 3 years relevant work experience in a similar role with in the Oil and Gas/Freight/Maritime industry
- Good understanding of Nigerian Import/Export constraints, duties and taxation
- Solid knowledge of customs laws, procedures, documentation and processes
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to details and analytical skills
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office especially Excel and SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership traits, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite and SAP.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Ineffective communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Lack of general commercial awareness and inability to think strategically
- Inability to forge strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Onne –Rivers State based with requirements to travel within and outside Nigeria
Method of Application
Candidates should click here to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale