Arik Air is now Nigeria’s leading commercial airline. People choose to work here for many reasons. There is the excitement of being a part of a vibrant, international and expanding airline community. We also offer the opportunity to travel and this incentive motivates prospective employees who want to join the Arik team and work for the “Wings of Nigeria”.
Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing "the best care in the air". Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. ‘No airline does it in the unique Arik way’.
Arik Air offers customers excellent services on domestic, regional and international routes so we seek the very best candidates to support the attainment of this vision. Interested and qualified professionals must be team players with a passion for people and service and possess undisputed integrity, honesty; mutual respect and responsiveness to our customers’ needs are important values at Arik Air.
Department AVIATION SECURITY Reporting to VICE PRESIDENT SECURITY Direct reports VICE PRESIDENT SECURITY Location LAGOS
To develop and maintain the aviation security department ensuring compliance with National and
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop all aspects of Aviation Security training.
- Develop and maintain the departments audit and quality assurance program.
- Develop and supervise departments middle managers and ground personnel.
- Maintain good relationships with local and international authorities.
- Act as General Manager as required to cover leave and absence.
- Ensure the Arik security program is implemented across the network.
- Conduct investigations and resolve any security related incidents.
- Ensure performance plans and reviews, including training and development requirements are.
- completed for direct reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate and within competence as requested from time to time.
- Knowledge of advanced explosive and narcotics security screening equipment.
- Previous experience in a similar security role.
- Sound knowledge of Aviation security policy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to manage, direct, lead by example and supervise a diverse workforce in multi-site locations.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy that may occur with staff members, visitors, contractors, suppliers, passengers and regulatory authorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle potential volatile situations calmly.
- University graduate/HND.
- 5 years in aviation security or a proven track record of working in a security role.
- Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful completion of an IATA or ICAO Security Management Training course.
- Physically and medically fit.
- Station Managers.
- Passenger Service Assistants.
- Nigerian Immigration.
- Nigerian Police Force
Method of Application
Interested? Send email to: email@example.com