Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil&Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
· To assist the management team in the completion of their duties by offering possible technical solutions to in house technical problems and services.
· Assist the marine services business from start to finish ensuring that correct processes are used and standards maintained and enforced at all times.
· Ensure vessel and specifications are available and sighted and reviewed so that any operations are commercially / technically sound.
· Ensure that the “Contractors” follow the same standards in repair so that they do not lead Nigerdock open to criticism / liability claims.
· To be involved in regular meetings with boat crews, engineers and office personnel to identify what is happening and where any problems might be that would affect the forward programme – and rectify the problem.
· Working closely with the Manager to ensure the work is carried out safely and professionally
· Assist in the management of all operations both onshore and while at sea serving the Nigerdock marine services business in a professional and safe manner ensuring all marine operations are carried out safely and to work within the code of the marine services division. Follow all marine codes of practise.
· Ensure all technical requirements for vessel operations are met.
· Identify key items of machinery that may need replacing together with a “payback time period” and justification report – sourcing the item as a guide for purchasing to pursue.
· To help educate and pass on technical training to Nigerian workers as part of Nigerian Content Development.
· Ensure that Marine Services comply with Nigerdock QMS and to maintain the procedures and instructions and records as required for both the QMS.
· Work as part of the marine services team to assist in delivery of all services for passenger and vehicular movement relating to all maintenance and operation of all vessels.
· To assist the marine services manager and his deputy in all areas of boat maintenance and safety operations..
· To fulfil any duty required by the business unit not mentioned here in this document.
Key aims and objectives
· Maintain all marine services vessels to effective and safe standards of operation.
Prime Responsibilities and duties
· Assist the Manager in the periodic reviews.
· Assist marine stock control by reporting any materials required in a timely manner, ensuring requests are implemented to meet demands.
· Ensuring that all section work is inspected personally and verified to be acceptable – prior to commissioning any vessel for service.
· Ensuring all concerns / complains are reviewed and passed on to management and acted upon if required.
· To act on own initiative in order to improve the process or projects and inform Management of any suggestions for consideration with cost factors.
· Attend Periodic Group Safety Meetings.
· Attend Weekly Marine Services Safety Meetings and regular inspections. Ensure all workforce complies with any and all updates in the Safety process.
· Ensuring that the various “Internal Projects” assigned to him and others in Production are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Report unsafe acts / instances requiring serious disciplinary action without delay – acting on own initiative for general disciplinary action.
· Assist in the “regular appraisals” of workshop personnel.
· Understanding and following the agreed goals and annual targets for the position.
· Vessel maintenance in progress as well as any reports as and when requested by Management (weekly/monthly), this would include any areas of concern or areas to be addressed by Nigerdock.
· This should also show the status of all of the equipment, whether repairs are needed / cost if known and likely down time and options to get around the problem.
· Physically fit for work in hot climate.
· Self-disciplined and able to make timely decisions.
· Ability to respect local cultures and religions and gain good productivity from the workshop staff by means of training and motivation.
All service department staff, All boat crews, all vendors and contractors with business relating to marine operations as part of.
Lagos - Lagos, LA NG (Primary)
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.