Our company is a leading Investment Banking and Advisory Group with its head office in VI, Lagos and branches in Abuja and Portharcourt.
We specialize in Issuing Hosing Services, Investment Advisory and Funds/Portfolio Management. We have set a track record of successful funds raising and advisory services in all sectors of the Nigerian economy and across the African continent.
We seek to engage the best hands in the following areas:
The Deputy Registrar will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the business. He/she will assist the Chief Registrar and provide support in overseeing and supervising the leaders of Business Development, Operations, Finance, IT Systems, Clients Relations and Compliance Sections
1. Ensure that Clients’ Register Status is Consistently Balanced as to Certificates, Master and Transactions
2. Ensure that Clients’ Declared Dividend are Processed and Paid on the Payment Date. Ensure that Dividend Accounts are Properly and Profitably Managed
3. Ensure that Public Offer Mandates/New Registers are Executed on or before the Specified Time without Errors
4. Ensure that at Least 2 Register to Company Mandates and 2 Register to Offer Mandates are Received within 12 Months
5. Ensure 100% Retention of Existing Clients.
6. Ensure that the staff and business is managed to become an enviable firm. Error Free Bonus Execution, Authorisation of Amalgamation, Consolidation, Splits, Re-Issues, and Change of Names
7. Ensure relationship with the Regulatory Authorities (SEC, NSE, CSCS, etc.) is cordial and beneficial
FINANCIAL GOALS/REVENUE TARGET
1. Ensure that Stocks are Verified and Sent to the CSCS within 48 hours of Receipt
2. Supervise the entire Operations Staff to ensure Optimal contribution to the firm’s goals through service delivery on target and efficiently.
3. Reissue Corporate Certificates requests within 48 hours of Receipt and Upon Appropriate Authorization
4. Reissue Dividend Warrants within 48 hours of Receipt and Upon Appropriate Authorization
5. Supervise Stockbrokers Lodgment Returns/ Register to ensure proper Update and Report to the Registrar Weekly
6. Process Change of Names, Shares Transmission/Probate/Letters of Administration within 2 Days of Confirmation and Upon Appropriate Approval
7. Supervise and Approve Account Consolidation, Return Certificates, Certificate Amalgamation to Ensure Compliance within 24 hours
8. Supervise CSCS Transactions Diskette Capture and Register Update. Ensure it is processed within 48 hours of receipt.
9. Undertake any other assignments given by the Registrar
10. Chair the Weekly Operations Dept Mtg and Make a weekly report to Supervisor on job done, progress and outstanding
Qualifications and Skills
• A good first degree in any Management sciences
• Relevant Professional Certification/membership
• Master’s degree or other equivalent post graduate / professional degree an added advantage
• Relevant post-graduation training / qualification
• Courses in;
• Relevant post-graduation training and qualification (certification/ professional bodies membership).
• Good understanding of the economic drivers of structured finance transactions.
• Strong affinity to credit risk analysis in structured finance transactions.
• Proven track record in a variety of structured finance transactions/portfolio risk analysis.
• Proven experience in strategic management.
• Excellent report writing skill.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft presentation and report packages.
• Ability to cope well under pressure.
• Aggressive market instincts
• Good understanding of strategic marketing challenges and ability to develop appropriate plans
• Knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, marketing, planning and organisational skills
• Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills at the highest level in the private and public sectors
• Sound knowledge of global trends in the investment banking and business development industry
• Good international exposure to trainings, seminars and workshop
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent Financial management skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Efficient team management skills
• Good organisational skills
Good attention to details with high level of accuracy
Other Working Conditions
• Must be willing to travel to anywhere for the purpose of business prospecting within and outside the country
• Flexible working hours
• Remuneration, terms and conditions of employment are competitive, motivational and negotiable.
IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letters stating their suitability for the position and updated CV's, quoting job title as subject to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.