Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The LGA Supervisor oversee the overall operations at LGA level including logistics, human resources and finance. She/he will plan and manage delivery of program activities at LGA level; Facilitate community mobilisation activities to support targeting and enrolment of beneficiaries and improved nutritional knowledge, attitudes and practices; Support the development, implementation and follow-up of beneficiary accountability mechanisms; and Represent ACF externally in relevant local and state level forums and technical working groups
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
• Bachelor degree/HND in social science, management, agriculture, rural &community development or related field
• 2+ years of experience in positions of progressively more responsibility and scope, in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics, Program Management
• Experience supervising others
• Exceptional organization and planning skills
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, foster teamwork, promote cohesion, bring diverse teams, staff and peer-level colleagues into alignment around work plans and organizational objectives
• Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
• Champion of ACF Charter values of : Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination
• Previous management experience, including management of multiple teams/departments
• Experience and good knowledge of North-western Nigeria culture and fluent in Hausa language
• Previous ACF experience
• Experience with donor-funded programs and INGO context
The Deputy Program Manager, Nutrition and Health role will focus on the delivery of nutrition communication interventions. From 2013-2017, CDGP will provide 60,000 pregnant women and mothers with children under two with unconditional cash transfers and nutrition behaviour change communication training to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Objective 1: To assist in the development and implementation of an appropriate nutrition focused BCC and IYCF methodology
• Objective 2: Collaborate with health centres and other nutrition focused stakeholders in order to successfully carry out CDGP activities.
• Objective 3: Represent ACF externally in relevant local and state level forums and technical working groups
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
• Bachelor degree in health, nutrition, nursing or related field. Higher level degree preferred.
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
• Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
• Skills on statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
• Fluency in Hausa and English
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Experience in humanitarian PQA or M & E.
• Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation.
• Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
• Familiarity with nutrition, healthcare and systems.
• Experience and good knowledge of North-western Nigeria culture
• Female Hausa speaker
• Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
• Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
• Previous experience with ACF
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 15th March 2015 will not be considered.