Michael Stevens Consulting is an international Human Resource Development & Management Consulting practice firm, with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Calabar, as well as in Accra, Ghana. Plans are at advanced stage to open subsidiaries in The Gambia, Sierra-Loan and Liberia.
Michael Stevens Consulting is recruiting to fill the position of:
- To support the Head, Marketing in developing, executing and evaluating annual activity plans for Company products, which deliver annual brand performance goals (awareness, equity, volume, market share, etc.) amongst the target audience.
- Responsible for managing marketing expenditure allocated to brands/products.
Describe the principal duties expected of this role & quantitative aspects which signify its scope, such as volume, profit, budget:
- Brand plans: Execute approved marketing activities for brands/products, particularly below-the-line programmes. Plan, activate and monitor regular sampling programmes as appropriate for brands/products. Ensure core/major activities are evaluated and learning captures for future brand planning.
- Marketing insight: Monitor and report on brand health, including competitor monitoring, using agreed attributes and format. Use consumer insight to inform development of marketing programmes for brands/products. Provide market information with which to report on the performance of brands/products.
- Competitor monitoring: Track competitor activities in the Dairy sector and assist the Manager, Brands Group, in developing response strategies to protect the position of company Brands.
- Budget: Manage marketing budgets to execute annual activity plans for brands/products, on budget and on time. Monitor expenditure against agreed activities and provide regular reports to the Head, Marketing.
- Results: Execute below-the-line activities for brands/products and evaluate performance against activity objectives.
- Minimum second-class Bachelor's degree from a reputable university, either in Nigeria or abroad. Postgraduate qualification in Marketing would be an advantage if the first degree is not in a related field.
- 3-5 years' work experience in a reputable company, preferably FMCG, of which at least 2 must be in the Marketing function. Sales and/or Operations experience would be an advantage.
- Interpreting data and information.
- Preparation of annual marketing/activity plans.
- Development and execution of consumer and trade promotions and POS material.
- Third-party supplier management.
- Managing budgets and expenditure.
- Working in teams.
- Understanding of research techniques.
- Presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Articulate - verbal and written.
- Able to interact with a range of people (interpersonal skills).
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send CV's to: email@example.com (using Brand Manager FMCG). Kindly note that mails with the subject will not be processed.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.