The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project. Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
Required Skills and Conditions
- Desirable, university degree.
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with other NGOs
- Mission working language and local language(s) essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
go to method of application »
- Manage the administrative files of the staff with confidentiality and according to the MSF Internal Regulation;
- Assist the Field Administrator with contracts, leaves or any other HR request;
- Calculate accurately the payroll monthly for both MSF and MoH staff collaborating on the project;
- Manage, register and archive the accounting of the mission according to MSF protocols as well as the budget;
- Process the payment of suppliers after verification and approval from the Field Administrator in collaboration with Logistics Department.
- Degree in business administration and/or accounting;
- Computer skills and good faculty to learn new software;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and interest in health care;
- High motivation, flexibility, quick learning and team working;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Nigeria).
- Contract will be an open ended after the expiration of the probation period.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in NO 20 BODO Street GRA Phase 11 Port |Harcourt, Rivers State.
Applications can also be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 22nd February 2015.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.