We are exclusively representing a newly Privatised Power Distribution Company in their effort to restructure the organisation and promote a culture of effectiveness and productivity.
As a result they are interested in identifying professionals with extensive technical, commercial and leadership skills for various their various departments.
One of such roles is the Head of Customer Service who will be responsible for the entire Customer Service Department, with the purpose of achieving highest level of customer satisfaction, in line with the corporate objectives.
Key Focus Areas:
- Customer Service Leadership: translate corporate objectives in to strategies, and leading the execution of the customer service initiatives, and thus ensuring targets are achieved. Encourage dialogue with Communities, NERC Consumer Forum and other regulatory bodies on customer service related matters, with the view of increasing the quality of the service offered.
- Budgeting and planning: prepare and manage CS annual budget, ensuring systems are in place to ensure monitoring and reporting of variances, in addition to mothly, weekly and adhoc divisional reports. Full control of the company’s assets and expenses.
- Data Management & Research: maximise the functionality and reporting capabilities of the computerised systems by working closely with the ITS division; conduct a customer service assessment surveys and utilise a variety of analytical exercises in order to improve the overall service provided, efficiency in billing and revenue collection.
- Team Management: align departmental targets and work plans with the organisational KPIs and ensure that the department has the required multi-skilled human resources capacity to deliver the desired level of customer service.
In order to thrive in this role, you must be an individual with strategic orientation and strong leadership skills acquired working in a multicultural environment, given the nature of the project and the tremendous work that will go in to ensuring a complete business turnaround. You must also be technology savvy with a keen eye for detail and ability to conduct and translate complex analytical exercises in to clear deliverables and actions for the organisation.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Bachelors Degree in Management or Business Administration form a recognised University
- a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the areas of customer contact, customer service and management, including staff supervision in a utility( preferably power sector) or customer oriented operation with strong focus on technology and business process.
- Sound knowledge in the power industry and the electricity distribution business
- Familiarity with Utility rules and regulation
- Familiarity with accounting, billing and revenue collection techniques
- Ability to interpret basic technical drawings/knowledge of mapping systems
- Communication, change management and leadership skills to manage a large, mostly field-based unit
We look forward to speaking with driven individuals with a true passion for change, and who is keen to join a high performing and growing group of companies.
For more information, please contact us directly.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here