Jobs at RTI International
Posted on: 8 December, 2011
Deadline: 23 December, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at RTI International
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4000 people, RTI offers innovative research, development, and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International has been awarded the five year, USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. We are seeking to recruit the following positions for Bauchi office. The positions are open to residents of Nigeria only.
SENIOR TECHNICAL MANAGER
We are seeking for a highly qualified-professional in our Bauchi office for the position of Senior Technical Manager. The Senior Technical Manager will provide technical leadership and quality control for the result-oriented technical teams and crosscutting technical staff. The candidate we seek is a senior Governance Specialist who has expertise in project management in the areas of systems strengthening at the LGA level, capacity building for participatory planning and budgeting of public funds, civil society capacity building, and working with local governments to improve the delivery of services to people. The position is at grade 11 and reports to the Chief of Party.
Program and activity design consistent with sound development and governance principles Management and supervision of a team of technical specialists to produce results and maintain internal communication and coordination Represent the project to key stakeholders in state and local government and civil society.
Oversee the development and implementation of annual work plans to achieve project objectives Project monitoring consistent with required results.
Attend meetings and represent the project on technical issues.
Work closely with the Chief of Party to understand and meet project needs and requirements. Provides reports on program status and implementation issues.
Contributes to quarterly and annual reports on LEAD implementation
Other duties as assigned.
A Degree plus 12 years or Masters Degree plus 9 years relevant experience. A minimum of 5 years experience working with local governments or civil society preferably in Northern Nigeria. Excellent report writing, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Power Point and Excel. Ability to work under pressure and in team environment.
SENIOR FINANCE/BUDGET SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager, He/she will oversee the technical and management aspects of LEAD budget transparency activities and be responsible for implementation, quality control reporting, monitoring, and staff management of the component. The candidate we seek is an experienced local government finance specialist with a proven track record of assisting local government authorities to better account for public funds and improve overall fiscal and budget transparency. The candidate should be familiar with local government finance and budgeting procedures and with the functions of State government structures as they relate to local budgeting and finance. The Position is grade 10 and reports to the Senior Technical Manager
• Overall responsibility for the design, direction, and implementation of the budget transparency component and program activities.
• Coordinate with Senior Specialists in the Local Governance, Civil Society Strengthening, and Service Improvement components to ensure consistency across the technical components
• Contribute to and assist with LGA assessment activities
• Design and deliver training to local government officials'
• Provide written and verbal reports on program activities as needed
• Coordinate data collection, information dissemination, training and other program activities with Local Government Coordinators and Training Managers
• Anticipate program needs, making and following recommendations.
• Ensure monitoring is consistent with required results and provide written and verbal feedback to program management staff as needed
• Attend meetings and represent the project on technical issues to implementing partners, development partners, and stakeholder.
REQUIRED Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree and 10 years or MA degree plus 6 years' experience
• Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Municipal Finance, International
Relations, Development Studies or related fields.
• Experience in Northern Nigeria preferred
• Excellent technical and managerial skills
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English
• Excellent team player who works well independently
Method of Application
To apply: Please email your cover letter and CV in reverse chronological order (including email and phone contact) to email@example.com no later 23rd December, 2011 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about RTI InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International