- Manage planned and cyclical maintenance works around the store and restaurant, including painting, electricity maintenance, generator servicing etc. in line with agreed standards and objectives.
- Oversee security of concept store
- Manage/order suitable materials for use by in-house maintenance staff, including obtaining discounts from suppliers and maintaining adequate stock levels at all times.
- Assist with forward maintenance planning, including carrying out condition surveys, updating of maintenance records and maintaining Health and Safety Files etc.
- Prepare schedules of work, contract documentation, obtain quotations and manage work carried out by outside contractors in accordance with Alara’s financial policy.
- Contribute to the formation of service level agreements (SLAs) to monitor standards of service delivery and levels of customer satisfaction across the concept store.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of store/site infrastructure, such as, car parking barriers, road gully cleaning, paving stones, landscaping etc.
- Assist with the development and implementation of operational plans and procedures within the concept store.
- Monitor and annually appraise the performance of all cleaning staff and third party service providers for which the post-holder is responsible.
- Responsible for ensuring health & safety legislation is complied with, in the process of carrying out of maintenance, refurbishment and adaptation works in the concept store.
- Manage periodic safety inspections (in the store and restaurant) of all tools and safety equipment, maintaining records and where required, replacing defective items.
- Responsible for managing budgets and resources allocated to manage the building, while ensuring the best value is obtained for Alara at all times.
- Attend and contribute to some management meetings to update on and discuss on-going projects and planned long-term improvements to the store/site.
- Manage the servicing, maintenance and upkeep of delegated company vehicles.
- Must be available for emergency calls at any time, including emergency work outside normal working hours in connection with any part of the Alara store/site.
- Carry out other duties as are required for the smooth running of the concept store.
- Day to day facility management of the concept store.
- Ensure availability at all times for emergency situations which may arise in the concept store.
- Develop Service Level Agreements to monitor standards of service
- Monitor and appraise performance of third party service providers.
- Oversee building security.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Self-motivated and committed individual able to manage in-house staff as well as external contractors
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of building construction, maintenance and repair
- Proven experience of developing and delivering maintenance programmes
- Experience of project planning and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent personal organisation and business administration skills
- Ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 3 years facility management/estate management experience preferably within the Real Estate or Hospitality space.