iROKOtv.com dubbed the ‘Netflix’ of Africa is the largest distributor of online African TV Shows / Movies giving instant access to over 5,000 Nollywood film titles.
iROKOtv is a part of iROKO Partners which is one of Africa’s leading entertainment companies. Launched on 1 December 2011. Its parent company, iROKO Partners, was founded by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter in December 2010,  with its headquarters in Anthony village, Lagos, Nigeria.
- The company, iROKO Partners has been featured in international media outlets from FT, CNN, BBC, The Sunday Times, CNBC Africa, Reuters, Fast Company, New York Times, Techcrunch, Wall Street Journal, Le Monde, Pando Daily and many many more.
The Head of Performance Management and reporting is responsible for the preparation of all management reports, cost analysis, budgets and forecasts.
He/she must ensure effective and timely flow of financial information for Management decision making to the Board of Directors and Senior Management, and where necessary, external parties such as investors, regulators, tax offices or financial institutions.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in the area of Performance management and will be responsible for providing effective and efficient financial advice and support to the organisation and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions.
- Develop, implement and enforce new reporting pack, containing management information on month by month basis, such as, but not limited to variance analysis of actual vs budgeted expenditure for all the group’s reporting divisions
- Develop and implement a new budget reporting, assist the COO with all Board reports including forecasts and performance management reporting
- Evaluate and advise department heads on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new projects/strategies for the business.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, management reports and KPI’s analysis in order to assist the CEO/COO, the Board and other senior executives in strategic decision making.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Work with the COO in securing new venture capital when needed
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the organistion
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of new projects and ventures.
- Enhance and improve the existing cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Monitor costs and credit control for the Group
- Assist in the external audit and tax processes when required
- Liaising with third parties including auditors and tax consultant.
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communications skills – the ability to influence and persuade others using appropriate written or oral presentations / techniques.
- Analytical skills – being able to find solutions to complex problems and explain them clearly.
- Ability to supervise and support the work of others and able to balance workload priorities.
- Able to develop management reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and employees
- Ability to present information and make recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of the Internet.
- Communication & Interpersonal, Leadership, Analytical Thinking Skills
Education and Training
- Master degree-level education in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification (ICAN/ACCA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Five to seven years previous work experience in a Senior managerial role within Finance dept, especially in the field of management reporting and performance management.
- Experience in cost control, budgeting, variance analysis, KPI reporting and demonstration of long term strategic planning are essential
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and financial management;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
- Experience in situations requiring good judgment; professionalism; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Experience of providing financial advice across departments / services in a complex, ‘multi objective’ organisation.
- Evidence of achievement in a finance role, including evidence of innovative use of risk management techniques to assist in the delivery of business objectives.
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering projects in a complex organisational setting.
- Knowledge of African Tech/Media industries is added advantage
Analysis & Judgement
- Breaks a problem down into its constituent parts, sees the “wood from the trees” and the relationships between issues.
- Aware of information sources and how to get information needed, seeks our relevant information for problem solving and decision making, consulting with others as necessary.
- Ability to draw sound inferences from the information available; makes use of logic and creates/contribute to imaginative solutions.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.