Stanbic IBTC is an end-to-end financial services provider. We aim to help you manage and grow your money by providing relevant information and services. We commit to help you move from where you are to where you want to be.
• Oversees timely and efficient databases support (resolution of problems/issues) database related issues.
• Oversees maintenance, monitoring and proper usage of all database applications and servers bank wide
Key responsibilities .
• Interface effectively with all areas of IT systems and infrastructure teams, in order to provide appropriate support and maintenance for the database deployments.
• Required to work with teams of technicians in order to achieve a specific goal or goals which relate to service and project delivery.
• Ensure that business critical requirements are delivered for non-stop solution/service delivery
• Provide analysis, design (physical), guidance and assistance with configuration, testing, problem determination and documentation of the various database deployments within Stanbic IBTC
• Improve and optimise the level of system management delivered by pro-actively obtaining and sharing specialist technical and system knowledge with In-Country infrastructure staff, architects, designers, project developers and management in order to ensure the implementation and management of complete reliable system solutions. Understanding and implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret and write complex SQL queries
• Integrate with relevant strategic vendors specific to the relevant deployments, IBM and Oracle
• Report any major fault or problem to Departmental Head. Any other duties as may be assigned by Departmental Head
Key performance measures
• Customer satisfaction levels
• Number of customer complaints
• Number of avoidable database downtime.
• Cycle time to process assigned helpdesk issues.
• Cycle time to resolve problems or issues
• Internal customer satisfaction level with IT support
• Other KPIs identified by the Group Head, Information Technology
• Availability of Stanbic IBTC database servers
To develop and maintain financial models that provides deeper insight into the PBB portfolio. To use advanced analytics that protect and unlock value in the portfolio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Development and maintenance of financial models to provide deeper insight into the portfolio,
• Provision of in-depth data analysis, trending, forecasting and reporting to provide meaningful management information to be used in the day to day decision making process,
• Analyse and report on any underlying reasons for changes and shifts identified in the portfolio financials and facilitate understanding of this to key stakeholders,
• Provide analytical support to the centre portfolio team on a routine and ad-hoc basis with the view to finding patterns in data,
• Assist with ad-hoc country requests, country risk appetite and product papers where necessary,
• Assist with the monthly reporting packs when required,
• Ability to meet reporting deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously,
• Understand the business needs and strategies,
• Constantly challenges established thinking and facilitate improvements in systems and processes.
• Make recommendations on an on-going basis on the Risk Appetite
• Accurate and timeous data analysis on MIS to identify variances and inconsistencies,
• Development of models to perform:
o Loss forecasting using single and multiple variables,
o Champion Challenger
o Cohorts Analysis
o Flow Rates Analysis
o Trend Analysis
• Understanding of key credit budgets and business rules within Africa Credit,
• Monthly budget and forecasting and identification of trends within portfolios and countries.
• Complete and present accurate analysis of results and make robust recommendations to Business and Head PBB Credit on findings
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Providing meaningful answers that assist in insight generation to questions
o “What is the face of my NPLs”,
o “Why are we taking on too much/little risk in the portfolio”
o “What are the lead indicators of Pre-NPLs in the portfolio”
• Effective returns achieved in the portfolio for the risk the bank is undertaking
• Improved decision making capability for strategic decisions on the portfolio by using a fact based and hypothesis driven approach.
• Decrease in credit losses due to early detection
• Prepare cohort analysis and scorecard analysis for portfolio,
• Accuracy of the analysis used by the Portfolio Managers,
• Feedback from key stakeholders on accuracy of data,
• NPL as a % of total portfolio,
• Pre-NPLs as a % of total portfolio
• Provision Adequacy
• Credit Loss Ratio
• Key relationships with
o Portfolio management (centre)
o Product managers
o Head of Credit
o Project managers where projects directly impact the credit environment
• Understands the implications of recognised issues, problems or opportunities and is able to respond appropriately on the information,
• Applies existing business unit/area specific processes and procedures to solve operational problems/meet clients needs,
• Reflects high levels of alertness, accuracy and attention to detail,
• Thinks before acting and able to identify multiple options and ways of doing things.
• Ability to use a combination of systems thinking, root cause analysis and hypothesis based analysis to assist in the development of fact bases.
• Proactively ensures that reporting requirements are met,
• Detects and evaluates shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluates the implications of such changes on continued business dealings,
• Demonstrates an expert ability to systematically use information to identify the sources of risk, sift through the detail and estimate the risk. Analyses and explores risk scenarios of both a complex and routine nature.
• Understands the clients' viewpoints and takes them into consideration during solution creation and implementation.
• Ensures a high standard of verbal and written communication skills in Management reporting and systems/procedural documentation.
• Required to interpret, analyse, evaluate and formulate plans based on information from a number of sources. Typically, there is no right answer and a relatively indeterminate amount of risk.
• Keeps abreast with current events, changing trends, business drivers and best practices impacting the Financial Markets, Standard Bank and their Business Unit so that the most appropriate model is used,
• Identifying and implementing change through research of new concepts and evaluation techniques,
• Consider all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to producing analysis,
• Quick to act upon potential opportunities and take the initiative to illustrate ways of how we can improve business.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPENTENCIES
• MS Office skills essential (Excel, Access, Power-point, MS Word)
• Numerate/ Data rational: Is good with numerical data, operates on facts, and enjoys assessing and measuring, with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to convey factual information clearly.
• Ability to plan and prioritize activities within allocated time frames and perseveres with routines.
• Attention to Detail: Methodical and organized, conscientious, accurate, thorough and committed.
• Analytical: Identifies and analyses patterns and trends, identifies relationships and issues
• Resourceful: Displays practical ingenuity and is skilled at devising practical solutions independently.
• Team Player and team orientated.
• Excellent planning, organizing and execution skills.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Good English writing skills
• Ability to apply oneself diligently and work with minimal supervision.
• Potential and willingness to undertake increased responsibilities as demands increase.
• Identify and provide innovative design solutions.
• Planning and decision making.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.