Our Client is a global leader in the telecommunications and data-services sectors delivering wide range of affordable, high quality and easy to use broadband access and communication services across Africa.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES SOMEONE FROM THE TELECOMS / ICT SERVICES/ FMCG SECTORS ONLY WITH A MINIMUM OF TWELVE (12) YEARS COGNATE FINANCE EXPERIENCES IN A MANAGERIAL POSITION.
To be responsible for the finance of the organization; to drive business strategy and its implementation, monitor business performance, manage risk and compliance; to develop talent; to facilitate financial scenario planning and decision making, supporting strategy setting and implementation for the business.
• Takes ownership of all financial decision making in the organization.
• Drives the business planning and forecasting process and alignment across the organization.
• Sets stretch objectives based on external / competitor benchmark.
• Challenges and investigates results with the objective of identifying gaps, checking progress towards budget achievement and recommending Gap Closing Actions and assessing Risks and Opportunities.
• Creates value for the business – drives growth, productivity and efficiency through strong project leadership.
• Provides transparency and assessment of trade-offs for strategic decisions.
• Develops strategic long-term financial and business plans.
• Drives discipline in executing the strategy; drives accountability for results.
• Is accountable for risk management, financial compliance and controls (Business Process Controls [BPC], Internal and External Audits).
• Supports business compliance, agrees accountabilities with Compliance Manager.
• Provides leadership and guidance to the Finance & Administration associates and is committed to the development of the individuals.
Integrity and Compliance
• Works within Integrity and Compliance policies and ensures those around him/her do the same.
• Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Key Performance Indicators
Financial and Business Results:
• Successfully meets finance objectives
• Successfully completed tax returns and statutory financial statements
• Ensure compliance with IFRS/NAM/NPhS standards/guidelines
• Successful in personal and/or functional leadership responsibilities
• Delivery and quality of Country business plan: timeliness, detail, insight, innovation
• Internal customer satisfaction with quality, appropriateness, and timeliness of financial analyses provided by the Finance department
University degree or comparable qualification in Accounting
Professional/advanced qualification such as CA, ICAN, ACCA, CPA, MBA
• Extensive experience (12 – 15 years plus) in financial administration roles, with record of increasing responsibility scopes, and successful and effective financial planning, control, and audits
• Strong and proactive business results-focus, and proven ability to provide insights that increase business volume and profit
• Excellent financial modeling and control process design abilities
• Thorough understanding of relevant tax and governance codes, and ability to ensure compliance across a complex and geographically-dispersed organization
• Thorough understanding of Telecoms / FMCG business cycle and financial issues, including its regulatory environment
• Strong grasp of IT, and willingness and ability to consistently expand IT knowledge base to account for emerging support technologies
• Excellent communication and leadership skills, with proven ability to manage and develop other financial professionals.
Qualified candidates with work experience in the TELECOMS/ ICT SERVICES/ FMCG sectors ONLY should please forward CVs to‘email@example.com’ using ‘Senior Financial Accountant – Telecoms’ as the subject of mail.
Only experienced candidates with over fifteen years experience will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date is 30th January, 2015.