If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Mathematics Teacher. This position is a local one open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Department: Charter School
Opening Date: 15th December, 2014
Closing Date: 23rd December, 2014
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- To implement and deliver a balanced and relevant curriculum for the students and to support the overall Mathematics curriculum
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of the students both as a teacher and a mentor
- To encourage a learning experience that provides pupils with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to the raising standards of students’ attainment
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- A B.Ed from a recognized tertiary institution in a relevant field, with three to five years teaching experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office programs.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Adequate knowledge of AUN Policies and Procedures.
- Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
- The full-time Math Teacher is expected to be specialized in the following levels of Math:
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal-opportunity and non-discriminatory employer. Our strength lies in the multicultural community that exists within our campuses, where we strive to build a widely diverse workforce. The University is committed to boosting our distinct academic citadel by encouraging faculty membership representing all nationalities for equal employment opportunities.