United States Mission, Abuja Vacancy Announcement:
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Incumbent performs routine maintenance, renovation, modification repairs of plumbing fixtures and systems, equipment and water pumps. He/she trouble shoots problems along the water pipe line, installs water heaters, washing machines, dryers, distillers and any water system equipment.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Completion of Primary school is required. Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman plumber skill is required.
2. Minimum of one (1) year journeyman plumbing experience is required.
3. Level II (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
4. Full journeyman plumbing knowledge and techniques to perform residential and nonresidential installation, maintenance and repair tasks is required.
5. Must be able to use all types of plumbing tools.
6. A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
5. Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov