Engineering Vacancy at Orion Group
Posted on: 11 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Orion Group
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of a Telecoms Design Engineer, based in Nigeria.
- Telecom Design Engineering and Supervisory solutions to Upstream Capital Project Team:
- Develop / Review tender documents for different projects, and agree assessment criteria at initial stages of the process.
- Co-ordination with relevant stakeholders or perform site survey if required in order to have better understanding on existing infrastructure that will eventually provide a better design input for new project.
- Perform quality check on purchased equipment; perform inspection together with Project QA/QC Team to ensure the purchased equipment is in compliance to the project specification.
- Ensure that the solutions as implemented are fully in line with the agreed/approved designs
- Develop and maintain good knowledge of current standards, methodologies, tools and technology services as applicable to project management.
- Telecoms infrastructure review and proactive identification of capacity issues and solution design.
- Deliver and document a compliant solution for programs and projects:
- Assists in gathering and assessing telecom requirements, both functional and nonfunctional.
- Design a solution that is fully compliant with relevant standards and that leverages reference architectures.
- Drive for solution simplicity and agility.
- Review / Audit designs developed by third parties for projects in line with company standards
- Actively work to identify, communicate, mitigate and resolve design issues and risks.
- In case solutions cannot be 100% compliant with standards proactively seek input from the relevant function in order to obtain step-out approval.
- Maintain good working relationships with relevant Delivery Vertical and competence center teams as relevant.
- Ensure early and ongoing engagement with the Projects function to identify relevant standards, best practices, reference architectures and technology services, taking into account current standards and strategies.
- Specify requirements for managing telecom requirements (design and operational) for local site facilities like towers/power/cooling/buried and aerial cable installation.
- Ensure the solution design is documented in line with current standards.
- Ensure compliance with architecture and IRM governance processes.
Skills and Experience
- Have excellent understanding and knowledge of telecommunications equipment used within Company Digital Microwave Radio, VHF FM, VHF AM, PABX, Beacons, Digital UHF System (TETRA), PAGA System etc. and other offshore telecom systems.
- Deep understanding of DCAF and Capital projects controls, Safety Critical Systems, Telecom Design and Engineering Standards and Practices in Oil and Gas, understanding of IP & Networking.
- Substantial experience in leading and executing Telecoms project delivery, Telecoms operations, or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop and deliver viable solutions to meet business needs.
- Deliverable-oriented with a focus on results.
- Knowledge and practical application of radio propagation craft tools, design tools e.g Pathloss.
- Previous experience working in offshore environment, and knowledge of offshore related telecommunications an advantage.
- Knowledge and practice of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Risk management as applicable to telecommunication systems development.
- Project Delivery methodology for managing Capital Projects in Oil and Gas (eg. Opportunity Realization Process (ORP), DCAF process and Project Standards).
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Upstream business.
- Knowledge about specific Upstream IT infrastructure and telecom solutions (eg. Process Control/SCADA)
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, both oral and written. Good storytelling capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Team player with experience in working in a multi-disciplined IT environment with ability to work in virtual teams, across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries.
- Design assignments frequently involve working on virtual (and cross-border) projects so good team-working skills and a willingness to travel are important.
- Relevant Professional Certifications.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent work experience (moderate years relative work experience (Technical Field Telecoms projects or design work).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Orion GroupSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Technological Company - Petros Management Consulting
- Drilling Job at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Document Controllers at Jagal Group
- Business Development Role at a Leading Servicing Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Engineering Job Vacancy at Hobark International Limited
- Fresh Job Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Engineering Jobs at Onstream Group