Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Communications Officer will play a key role in implementing the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) funded by the UK Department for International Development, a joint project being implemented by Save the Children UK (SC) and Action Against Hunger (ACF).
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Develop communication tools and materials to ensure successful program implementation of CDGP for various stakeholders (beneficiaries, community, donor government and other)
• Maintain and organize communication data and materials
• Document and share good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities at the local community and state levels
• Represent ACF externally in relevant local and state level forums and technical working groups
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
• Bachelor degree in media, communications, marketing or equivalent. Higher level degree and/or significant communications expertise preferred. NYSC Certificate
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
• Excellent writing/editing, analytical and verbal communication skills
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
• High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
• Experience in working with NGO donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
• Fluency in Hausa and English
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word) and Publisher Experience in humanitarian communications
• Experience in designing and leading media campaign or communication strategies.
• Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
• Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming, particularly cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
• Previous experience with behaviour change communication programming Previous experience with ACF
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Monday, 1st December 2014 will not be considered.