- Position title: Strategy Advisor
- Grade: PL2
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/14/062
- Publication date: 13/11/2014
- Closing date: 04/12/2014
The primary role of The Strategy and Policy Department (COSP) is to contribute to policy and strategy development, including annual plans and the Medium and Long-Term strategies of the Bank. COSP advises the President and Senior Management on strategy and policy issues of the Bank, assist with communication of the strategy to all stakeholders, and monitors and facilitates the implementation of related Presidential decisions.
Under the general supervision of the Director, the main responsibility of the Strategy Advisor is to assist and advise the Director in planning, organizing, coordinating and leading the activities of the Department. He/She will:
- Lead corporate strategy development and its subsequent monitoring, updating and refinement in line with sustainable lending and resource options.
- Assist Senior Management to formulate the strategic policy objectives, ensure alignment with the strategic planning orientation and MTS.
- Lead the Departments’ support to other Bank units in the formulation, review and updating of Bank policies and strategies
- Advise and ensure that all new policy proposals and initiatives are aligned with the Bank’s planning directions and strategy.
- Coordinate the management of the Bank’s strategy and policy development work.
- Give support to the office of the President as required, in particular on all policy developments, and on the Bank’s response to emerging international issues.
- Give guidance and provide quality control for policy and strategy officers in the preparation and the review of the planning and strategy document.
- Lead in assisting Operations Vice-Presidencies, Finance and Corporate Management Vice Presidencies to formulate their work programs driven by the planning and strategy.
- Provide up to date research on environmental and business trend and keep up to date on new ways of doing strategic planning itself.
- Liaise with the Presidency, Operations Vice-Presidencies, Finance and Corporate services to ensure that all planning and measurements systems are aligned in both concept and terminology.
- Ensure/Monitor that both the content and the spirit of the strategic planning is being implemented.
- Coordinate the Bank’s relationships with other multilateral development Banks, international Organizations, and bilateral agencies at institutional level.
- Represent the Department (and Bank) at key strategy and policy meetings and on important missions when requested to do so by the director or senior management.
- Serve as focal point and spokesperson on strategy issues to internal constituencies and expert strategy groups.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or its university equivalent in economics, Macroeconomics or Development Economics, finance, strategic management, Engineering or related development fields and a broad knowledge of development issues gained through advanced study or work experience. A PhD is an added advantage.
- Preferably a minimum of 8 (eight) years of relevant experience: proven combination of hands-on operational experience with strong analytical skills; good understanding of development economics and specificities of Regional Members Countries (RMCs). Proven exposure to global strategy thinking.
- High level skills in communication and negotiation as well as ability to build partnership with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution.
- Ability to provide advice, assistance and coaching on Strategy related matters.
- Good leadership skills and lateral thinking; high sense of professionalism and initiative in work relations with colleagues and external collaborators; ability to listen to staff; inspire trust and integrity and good conflict resolution management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the timely accomplishment of tasks in the Department by giving valuable advices and providing constructive feedback.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, financial analysis report writing and reviews; demonstrated experience in impact and scenario analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Competence in the use of ERP Systems (preferably SAP) and standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.