An Oil and Gas Drilling Company with its head office in Lagos, Nigeria, is seeking qualified applicants to fill the following vacant positions
- Manage the manpower and resources of the rig to achieve optimum performance so as to ensure the well program is carried out in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Hold daily operations meeting with Customer Representative and rig department heads.
- Promote and ensure that all company policies and procedures are communicated and understood by personnel on the rig.
- Manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program in coordination with Customer Representative and rig department heads.
- Ensure pre-tour meetings are carried out involving all on board personnel.
- Organize and supervise the activities of drilling, marine and maintenance departments and ensure rig-specific procedures are understood and observed by all personnel onboard.
- Maintain daily communication with the rig manager on all relevant activities regarding the rig’s operation and needs
- Supervise and perform jacking operations for jack-up drilling units
- Ensure that pre-spud meetings are conducted and that well related hazards are recognized and managed appropriately by the key personnel.
- Plan operations with the marine department as related to rig moves, mooring, station keeping and stability. Ensure that guidelines of the rig’s marine operations manual are understood.
- Responsible, along with customer representative, for all third-party services on the rig and ensure that they comply with Shelf Drilling policy and safety processes.
- ANY ENGINEERING COURSE
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificate
- Valid well control certificate surface stack supervisor
EXPERIENCE: 12 Yrs. Above
- Supervises the operation of the marine department to ensure the safe and efficient running of the rig.
- Actively participate in the daily operations meeting with the OIM and other rig department heads and coordinate activities with the company representatives.
- Ensure that all marine aspects of the rig’s operations are carried out in accordance with statutory and regulatory controls and guidelines.
- Assist in the effective management of the preventive maintenance system and ensure that all records are properly maintained.
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of pollution control system
- Coordinate and supervise periodic inspections of the rig’s structure, including hull compartments and critical joints and liaise with any 3rd party inspection teams for cranes/lifting gear/ and hull inspections.
- Prepare and supervise rig move plans and associated mobilization preparations.
- Ensure that all lifting gears are inspected and certified, correctly color coded, maintained, and stowed properly.
- Operate and maintain the bulk system as required.
- Ensure that cranes are in safe working condition.
- Monitor quantities of expendables such as fuel, potable water, drill water, etc.
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig and coordinate inspections with the medic/OIM/RSTC
- ANY ENGINEERING COURSE
- Basic computer skills
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
EXPERIENCE: 10 Yrs. Above