Why Halliburton? How about global opportunities, interesting work within small cohesive teams, extensive training, and the opportunity to take your career wherever you want it to GO, with all the support and stability of a truly global organization. With more than 72,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world's demand for energy. Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
- Under general supervision, performs maintenance and inspection on Measurements while drilling and/or Logging While Drilling down-hole tool electronics and other equipment used in the application for down-hole tools including Directional and/or LWD sensors.
- Assembles and disassembles Measure while drilling and/or Logging While Drilling down- hole tools.
- Identifies tool usage sheet and determines maintenance schedule required, Verify whether preventative maintenance is scheduled on the inserts.
- Areas of specialization within Product Service Line (PSL) may include: electronics aptitude, computer skills, surface equipment, and down-hole tools. Job tasks, correctly performed, have minimal impact upon the viability of the organization.
- Error is readily ascertainable by the supervisor and can be corrected.
- Skills are typically acquired through an Associates degree or similar education and 6-12 months experience as a Downhole Mechanical Tech I or equivalent tool technician training or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement proces. Military training may be substitued for this minimum requirement.
- Ability to work 24 hour call and respond to call outs within one hour.
- Ability to accept calls for off loading equipment and complete the appropriate Quality Control documentation including shipping documents.
- Knowledge of HMS and Tool Operations manual and Global Maintenance Standards for specific sub PSL. Ability to locate, read and understand tool drawing from PSL-specific Tool Manual.
- Adheres to HSE guidelines, Safety training compliance including Job risk assessments.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing, as well as all other relevant post offer requirements for job.
- Basic computer skills required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(W025) HONL Port Harcourt NG
Plot 158, Trans Amadi
Port Harcourt, RIV
Contract Type: Regular
Working Time: Full-time
Internal Job Title: SP06L-ESG-Elect/Mech LWD Tech II
Reference Code: NB00277860_EXT_000
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.