We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
*Overall responsibility for CIC activities in the Subsegment
*The SRM would be responsible for Origination and would work closely was a team with the Credit Analysts (CAs) and CCMs in deepening relationships and driving revenue growth
*The SRM has overall responsible for post-deal account maintenance and managing the risks associated with the portfolio. He has an overview on CCM who holds direct responsibility for post-transactional activities and the CA for credit related activities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Identify prospect and convert in line with Bank's appetite.
* Ensure quality of the sales pitch and lead them with the clients. Also review the Term sheets before delivering to clients.
* Work with CA and obtain all pre-deal clearances.
* Effectively use RMWB for managing a healthy pipeline and also a record of client calls and discussions.
* Oversee CCM to ensure smooth on-boarding of client after thorough completion of documentation and other processes.
* Senior client calling and briefing on a regular basis for account maintenance and deal negotiation. Also engage senior internal stakeholders for marketing, credit and any other pertinent issues.
* Actively drive cross sell of full range of CIC products and capture entire client value chain
Client on-boarding & deal execution
* Work closely with CA, product partners, GAM/FAM and analyze a) wallet size; b) determine appropriateness of the product and c) work out a comprehensive account plan.
* Successfully negotiate and close out pricing and other deal dynamics with client
* Oversee the quality & turnaround of credit proposal and ensure faster delivery. Work with CA for resolving Credit queries.
* Oversee the CCM to ensure all documentation and security creation are completed on time to ensure smooth execution of transaction.
* Liaising with Legal/external counsel/CRC in preparation and execution of non standard complex transactions along with product partners.
* Work with CDD team to ensure proper completion of eCDDs.
Account Management & portfolio quality
* Along with the product partner, push for line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Oversee the CCM in ensuring high utilization of regular WC facilities.
* Review Failed Trade status, EAR, ASTAR CCRT, etc with the CA to ensure discipline and quality in portfolio
* Review the excess/past due situation with CCM to ensure they are regularized and also facilitate approvals wherever required.
* Review and monitor the client profitability to ensure there are no revenue leakages.
* Attend various internal or external sales/ non sales meetings like EAR, Sales Meeting, MTM calls, Portfolio Review Meeting and convene the consortium meetings where we are the lead bank.
* Maintain record of Confidentiality Agreement (Sales Team Leader to maintain file & copies will also be held by signatories to the agreement)
* Overall responsible and accountable for the credit quality of the assigned/acquired portfolio.
Qualifications & Skills
* Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
* Strong sales and relationship management skills
* Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
* Role holder is expected to have some knowledge and experience in offering a range of products to meet customers' needs but is unlikely to have the full knowledge and experience to offer all Corporate and Institutional Clients banking products
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
To apply for this position, click here