Current Job Opportunity at Save The Children
Posted on: 14 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children's mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. This role will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified professional accountant (internationally recognised qualification, practical experience equivalent will be considered) with substantial post qualification accounting experience
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building
- Proven track record of supporting a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions
- Knowledge of the requirements of the major emergency donors and experience in budgeting and reporting to donors.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience with any Save the Children financial systems and overseas accounting software (including Agresso FMS, AMS) Significant experience with NGOs in an international emergency environment
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V. and covering letter on or before 20th October 2014explaining why you are suitable to Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org . State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International