SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world's top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company, wholly owned by our people
- We have an established network of over 70 permanent offices around the world and over 5,000 employees
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Transport; Water; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Hydropower and Energy; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services; and Mining, Oil and Gas.
We are currently seeking a talented Regional Manager West Africa to provide leadership, co-ordination and strategic direction to the activities of the region and collaboration with the wider SMEC business. The holder of this position will be a role model of the SMEC values, ethics and code of conduct and all aspects of this position will be carried out according to these guiding principles.
- Effective strategic planning and management of the region
- Achieve sustainable growth of the region through targeted client relationship management and business development activity
- Provide project governance, at project director level, of project management in the region to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness and quality.
- With support from functional management, provide leadership to the employees located in the region to ensure cohesion, optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the local industry, identify emerging trends and feed this information to the Regional Functional Managers and other stakeholders
- Communicate frequently and effectively across the SMEC business to understand the internal business factors
- Interpret knowledge of the external and internal factors into a documented business plan for the region that is aligned with the business plan and synchronised with the functional business plans
- Understand the 'whole of business' risks within the region and escalate to RD level when identified
- Maintain knowledge of the capability within the region to be able to source and propose the best possible teams when required
- Plan the CRM and BD activity for the region with the functional managers and other key stakeholders
- Monitor local client relationship health and discuss with the Functional Regional Managers
- Identify and build relationships with the target clients
- Ensure tender submissions are of high quality
- Oversight and governance of projects in the region to resolve project issues and ensure project product is of high quality
- Promotion and application of internal project management requirements
- Provide coaching and support to project managers
- Technical problem solving
- Ensure the regional structure supports the delivery of the business plan
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced with appropriately qualified and experienced staff
- Participate in recruitment and retention activities as required
- Implement targeted development opportunities within the allocated budget
- Accountable for regular people management activities as required, including the salary review and performance management processes
- With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related discipline
- Tertiary qualifications in business management (eg. MBA) highly regarded
- At least 10 year consulting experience in managing road/infrastructure/related projects successfully to budget and client specifications;
- At least five year experience in the co-ordination, design and delivery of major projects within multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- At least five years Experience in the coordination and development of major bids – with proven success
- Experienced in Managing and developing and resource diverse teams effectively
- Proficient in client management
- Experience in West Africa is an added advantage
Method of Application
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.