Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners, Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel, providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
Continually liaise with DW CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within project are consistently respected on Sites.
• Ensures that Company Rules and Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by those involved. Participates / assists the DW CPLO into the annual evaluation and review of project approved 3rd Party Lifting equipment Certifiers list.
• Provides expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on site, which include: categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment, technical review (lifting procedures and organizations), Acting as Lifting representative for lifting operations on site and / or contractor’s crane barges where critical lifting operations are to be carried out. Working with contractors to ensure technically acceptable lifting procedures and other related documentation are prepared in advance of lifting activities.
• Assists the CPLO during assessment of personnel competence to carry out lifting of handling operations.
• Review Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on Site to be submitted to the final review and approval of the CPLO. Performs, or makes perform by a competent person, toolbox talks prior to the beginning of each working shift or when critical lifts are being carried out. Attends the lifts and carries out post service debriefs in order to ensure assessment of completed services. Performs technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selects lifting equipment proposed for use on sites and projects. Ensure that the SLS Pre-lift Checklist must be completed and signed prior to the lifting operation. Ensuring regular site feedback to DW-CPLO. Conducts periodic LMS audits at CTR sites and reports to DW CPLO
• Specifying the testing / proof load requirements in accordance with statutory requirements, relevant standards and company rules on consultation with DW-CPLO. Specifying the marking requirements in accordance with company rules. Reviewing and signing of all complicated / complex lifting plans and JSA/RA after obtaining approval from CPLO. Does periodic reviews of generic lifting plans. Assists CPLO during assessment of personnel competences involved in lifting & handling operations. Develops and keeps up to date the Site on the lifting and handling procedures / instructions. Coaches and mentors personnel involved in lifting and handling operations (crane operators & riggers, etc.) on site. Liaise with client approved 3rd party inspection companies for the Lifting Equipment inspection and certification campaign.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The incumbent can be based on the various sites or at Port Harcourt/Lagos, Nigeria Work regime: 4 weeks on by 4 weeks off rotation, 12 hours per day Difficult and demanding environment in terms of daily lifting management: challenging and stressful situations. Multi-cultural organization with multiple Logistics interfaces and customers (Field Ops, Drilling, Engineering Construction and Project). Accountabilities
• Logistics focal point for lifting and handling operations on the assigned site.
• The incumbent brings expertise in the daily lifting/handling site operations and he can replace the CPLO for critical lifts classified at risk level 3.
• The service holder is responsible for the application of appropriate procedures and methodologies to ensure that major hazards associated with lifting operations on Deep Water sites are properly assessed and managed in line with Lifting Management System (LMS)
§ The service holder must be capable of ensuring the application of handling and lifting procedures (LMS) implemented into the affiliate.
§ The service holder must have knowledge of all types of cranes (e.g. crawler, mobile crane with outriggers & pedestal) and lifting operations that occur into the affiliate.
§ Knowledge of all aspects of lifting engineering including such items as onshore and offshore load charts, effects of ground bearing capacity, barge stability.
§ The ability to prepare (or check) lifting engineering calculations and risk assessments.
§ Hold appropriate technical qualification(s) and have sufficient practical experience to demonstrate technical competence.
§ Good knowledge of English
The Foundation Works Supervisor’s essential scope of work is defined as follows:
· Supervise construction site activities in the in-country fabrication yards development scope of work (surveying; soil tests; earth movement; excavations; piling; dredging and sand filling; concrete works, and miscellaneous civil works) in line with approved designs, procedures, applicable standards and deliverables from contractor for yard development activities.
· Handle site inspection & supervision of the work
· Participate in pre-mob & kick-off meeting with contractor
· Prepare daily / weekly reporting of site construction activities· Ensure that any site resolved designs are as reports
· Prepare and obtain approval of site instruction to contractor· Verify contractor’s site materials quantities
· Maintain accurate log of personnel and equipment used or potential claims from contractors
· Report immediately any construction downtime
· Report / record any changes in design· Report all community problems relating to contractor work or employees.
· Answer to contractor queries on site.
· Ensure proper certifications are submitted for certain equipment & employees.
· Ensure Contractor complies with HSE & QA/QC requirements.
· Ensure daily tool box meetings are conducted by contractor
· Report and document HSE anomalies on SERVICEs being supervised on site.
· Follow up on QA/QC inspections and tests carried out by contractor/sub-contractors as per the scope of work and ensure proper QA/QC documentation is maintained.
· Prepare project punch list at the attainment of 75\% work completion
. To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
· To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
· To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
· To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
· To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
· When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification
· To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
· Project Management centre in Lagos with also a Company Team in SHI Korea.
· Detailed engineering of Topsides is taking place in Lagos.
· Construction activities partly in Nigeria and partly in Korea.
· Part of project integration will be in Nigeria.
· Security issues and possible difficult relationships with local communities may arise at some worksites
· Ensure site implementation of HSEQ standards and practices for the works.
· Ensure that the yard development deliverables are strictly supervised on site and delivered as per schedule in acceptable quality for fabrication, load out, pre-com/com and project topside integration activities.
· Educational Qualification: BSc in Civil Engineering, or Construction
· Professional Experience (number of years): 10 - 15 years of relevant construction experience.
· Experience in managing people and contractors in complex environment with community relations impact.
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Language: Fluent English.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.