Cummins Incorporated is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world's largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
Cummins Incorporated is recruiting to fill the position below:
To assist and report to the Production Manager for CWAL PGBU with day to day line activities that help ensure a 5 rolling day weekly program to deliver to plan. Leading a small team of fitters working in ensuring canopy manufacturing & assembly is conducted ensuring safety, and quality guidelines are met.
- To communicate and assign daily production tasks/work station requirements to Cell team members tracking Cell build performance.
- Works with the Safety Department representative on the line and the Safety Department to identify safety hazards or unsafe work practices and initiate action to create a safer environment
- To ensure appropriate on the job training of Cell team members and to update respective skills matrix.
- To take appropriate action to correct, reduce or rework quality defects to ensure non-conforming products are not passed to the next internal customer.
- To participate jointly with the Production Manager and trainer in the documentation of performance feedback for all new starters.
- To actively participate with the Production Manager encouraging team members to indentify improvement projects that will positively enhance safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- To ensure that team members are utilising and following standardised work instructions and processes as part of their training and Right First Time defect investigation.
- To ensure a smooth handover between shifts maintaining standards and raising any concerns to the next shift.
- To notify or action to Manufacturing or Quality Engineering representatives of any misplaced or required tooling and following through to resolution.
- To assist the Production Supervisor in the maintenance and accurate information on the team board on areas such as daily quality, safety issues and other related measures as defined.
- To ensure sets are processed in a First In First Out (FIFO) order unless otherwise instructed.
- To co-ordinate the supply of materials for production, ensuring that team members have the necessary materials/tools to complete the build.
- To assist in collecting production data to enable production reports for Manufacturing and Quality Engineering to improve manufacturing variance.
- Working to weekly production schedules which may be demanding due to high volumes.
- Expected to understand the build to Cummins work instructions to meet the Cummins quality standard.
- Working within current Health and Safety legislation, published standards and codes and the Company's health and safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Be participative with all company improvement initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvement for a leaner working processes and practices.
- Reporting product and facility faults, defects and omissions to the Production Manager.
- Be an active team player and be able to work within a larger team structure.
- Must be flexible in working with other Performance Cell functions if required e.g. Materials, Test, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Make judgements and work on own initiative within agreed guidelines of work instructions and Cummins quality standards.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Demonstrable relevant experience of assembly of components and or manufacturing sheet metal components within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in data gathering and problem solving
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- Recognised Qualifications - Desirable.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate - Essential.
- Polytechnic qualification (essential) or degree qualification (desirable) in one of the following areas: - Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering; Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering Maintenance; General Vehicle Fitting.
- Relevant Team Leading or First Line Management qualifications - Desirable
- Or Time served apprenticeship within a manufacturing environment - Desirable
- Or demonstrable proven work experience in working assembly of components on a production line in a manufacturing environment - Essential
go to method of application »
To generate and maintain revenue within the Aftermarket Business across the territory, working with the Heads of Departments and Branch Managers to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Profit and loss statement accountability for Aftermarket sales and achieving annual AOP across the AFM departments including Branches.
- To maximise sales, revenue and profitability of our product and service offerings to ensure branch targets are met on a monthly basis.
- Review existing customer base and proactively seek opportunities to develop business by introducing and selling the benefits of new and existing products and services. In conjunction with the General Manager develop account plans to ensure profitable business growth.
- Lead, manage and motivate Aftermarket Sales employees including recruitment, control and discipline in accordance with company procedures and in conjunction with the HR department.
- Regular (daily, weekly & monthly) reviews of team performance, activities and customer enquiries and sales to ensure performance targets are being met.
- Ensure improvement/development plans are in place for all Aftermarket sales employees.
- Key Responsibilities: (Include relevant responsibility for quality as per Cummins Quality Policy).
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies for the development and growth of new and existing aftermarket sales in the Cummins West Africa territory.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts to General Manager – Aftermarket.
- Produce monthly reports of sales team activities including target customers, call plans, marketing initiatives and lost sales reports.
- To identify and secure new business opportunities for all Aftermarket sections throughout Nigeria.
- To develop Key Account Management Plans for designated customers ensuring plans are documented and worked to by all parties involved.
- Liaise with Commercial Sales, Projects, internal departments and BU's to achieve company and customer requirements.
- Develop and implement Customer Communication Plan in order to promote the company's products and services through seminars, presentations, exhibition attendance and customer visits.
- Develop, implement and maintain customer databases for customers, consultants, projects, suppliers and also develop customer profiling.
- Develop customer support plans for Top 20 customers with CSP's implemented and recorded
- Monitor trends, specific issues relating to Aftermarket business activities, market opportunities, competitive activity, that may affect the Cummins West Africa business.
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships, using Cummins values, with key stakeholders across the Cummins organisation.
- In conjunction with the Quickserve Champion promote the implantation and ongoing performance improvement of the Quickserve Process within Aftermarket operations and our customers.
- Be a leader in embracing Cummins Vision/Mission while exemplifying the Cummins personality, performance ethics and core values.
- Extensive business travel in Cummins West Africa territories.
- Other duties / responsibilities determined by the General Manager Aftermarket.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Cummins Diesel & Gas engines and Power Generation products and services.
- Strong service and technical background.
- Proven man management skills.
- Customer management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Commercial Sales and Marketing experience with a proven track record, preferably in a similar or related. industry environment.
- Strong negotiating and communication skills.
- Drive, Enthusiasm and a commitment to succeed in a team environment is essential.
- Formal Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar - Essential
- Management qualifications - Essential
- MBA - Preferred
go to method of application »
Manages the day-to-day operations at a defined location; responsible for all functions and financial metrics in a group of branches in a specific business segment or small geography.
- Manages branches through Branch Managers.
- Responsible for all functions and financial metrics for the group of branches.
- Develops the Annual Operating Plan with input from Business Development and Branch Managers; manages the business to
- The Annual Operating Plan; monitors all appropriate business metrics including Branch balanced scorecards, profit and loss metrics, and asset metrics.
- Manages market analysis for span of responsibilities.
- Ensures business growth by managing annual marketing and sales plan; develops and maintains business relationships with customers, and develops new business partners and alliances for the business segment or small geography.
- Develops a deep understanding of Cummins business in the region, globally, and across all business units.
- Manages customer satisfaction for the Branches as measured by Net Promoter Score and Lens of the Customer programs; encourages a culture of customer service; recruits, develops, motivates, and retains high quality customer service employees.
- Manages customer service through Branch operations.
- Manages warranty submission and rejection; develops an understanding of repetitive warranty issues and provides feedback to the organization to ensure product and service improvement; monitors Repair Event Cycle Time and implements improvements within the branches.
- Manages compliance with health, safety, and environmental standards and compliance; oversees health, safety, and environmental audits.
- Encourages a culture of corporate responsibility for the benefit of employees and the communities in which Cummins operates.
- Manages, develops, and motivates employees; completes, agrees to and monitors work plans and Individual Development
- Plans for Branch Managers
Education, Licenses, Certification:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in required Business Administration, Engineering, or related subject required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or Sponsor certification required.
Significant relevant experience required, including managerial and budgetary experience.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale