The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic, who is charged with the general responsibility of all matters relating to the day to day
20 March, 2017
About The Kaduna Polytechnic
The idea to start a Technical Institution in Northern Nigeria started as far back as 1951, which resulted into the establishment of Kaduna Technical Institute in 1956. The establishment of Technical Institute, Kaduna was as a result of the acceptance by the British Government on the recommendation of the Higher Education Commission, which suggested the upgrading of Yaba Higher College to Technical Institute and proposed Technical Institutes in Kaduna and Enugu. The Northern Nigeria Executive Council at its meeting of 17th August, 1962, Conclusion No.1, re-designated the Technical Institute, Kaduna as the Polytechnic, Kaduna. It became Kaduna Polytechnic in 1968 by the Federal Government Decree No. 20 of 1968, which was revised in 1979 by Decree .No. 79. In 1991, the institution was taken over by the Federal Government under Decree No. 40 of the same year. The institution was established with the objective of providing diverse instruction, training and research in technology, the sciences, commerce, the humanities and programmes of in-service instruction for members of the public service in Nigeria.