Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive, Financial and Academic Head of the Institution and the Chairman of many statutory bodies.
- He is responsible to the Governing Council and the Board of Trustees on matters of policy implementation in the areas of finance, property / facilities, general day-to-day administration and good governance of the University.
- As the Head of a growing University, the candidate should be equipped with the drive and zeal to address, frontally, issues relating to infrastructural and academic development of the institution as well as the growth of its student population during his tenure.
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic with a Ph.D degree, of the rank of Professor for a minimum period of 8 years, and with ability to provide quality academic and administrative leadership;
- Be not more than 60 years as at the date of assumption of duty as Vice- Chancellor;
- Be a scholar who is well-grounded in the finest academic tradition;
- Have a high reputation and be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his / her track record;
- Provide administrative leadership to a well-informed and articulate local academic community;
- Possess the ability to sustain harmony among the Board of Trustees, Council Administration, Staff and Students on the one hand, and between the University and the host communities on the other hand;
- Be a very resourceful personality with initiative, vision, and drive for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the University, even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Be a person of high probity and personal integrity;
- Be someone who appreciates, respects, and promotes merit without fear or favour even under pressure; and
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health, and be prepared to work under considerable pressure.
- Being a faith-based University, the candidate in mind should, apart from his academic standing, possess the moral and spiritual qualities needed to meet the aspirations of the sponsors of the institution.
- In administering the Institution, the Vice-Chancellor must be a stickler for law and order as clearly stated in the Law setting up the University in order to ensure good governance and accountability at all times.
- Apart from being a widely acknowledged academic, the candidate must have held leadership positions in reputable Nigerian universities.
- He must also be able to relate well with the external public of the University.
- Possessing the social and emotional skills to attract benefaction for both the physical and academic development of the institution will be an advantage. Also, the candidate must possess a clear vision of the development of the University during his tenure which must be clearly stated in the Curriculum Vitae (CV) to be submitted.
- Ability and skill to carry the Proprietor, staff and students along for successful achievement of the goals of the institution are qualities also expected from the candidate.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- By virtue of McPherson University Law, the Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a term of five years.
- The remuneration and conditions of service of the Vice- Chancellor are largely similar to those applicable in other private as well as public universities in Nigeria and shall be stated clearly in the candidate’s letter of appointment as approved by Council.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter accompanied with candidate's detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate, and credentials (all in electronic format). The format of the Curriculum Vitae must indicate the following:
- Name in full (Surname first in block letters)
- Date and place of birth
- State of origin
- Permanent home address
- Present postal address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Phone number(s) and e-mail address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications with class of degree
- Membership / Fellowship of relevant professional bodies
- Work experience (present and former)
- Positions held with dates
- List of publications
- Relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions, and awards
- Statement of Vision for McPherson University for the next five (5) years in not more than 5,000 words (in electronic format) to be submitted as a separate document.
All applications in electronic format should be submitted under confidential cover to reach "The Registrar and Secretary to Council, McPherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Abeokuta, Ogun State" at: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Each Curriculum Vitae must include the Names and Addresses of three referees. Each applicant should request each of his / her referees to forward a “Confidential Report” in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee’s Report” with the name of the candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope and forwarded by Courier Mail to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Seriki Sotayo, Abeokuta,
Important Information and Notice
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview under the auspices of the Board of Trustees of the University.
- Shortlisted candidates should bring hard copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and Credentials to the Interview
- The confidential reports indicating the candidate's academic and managerial capabilities must reach the Registrar before the closing date of the application.
Click here for more information