The Travel and Administrative Assistant, under the supervision of the Senior Administrative Officer, is responsible for all UNHAS Helicopter travel services/bookings and will support on office administration and other related duties. She/He will work closely with the Admin team and the country travel team in the management of all travels and administrative support.
Book all UNHAS Helicopter travel requests and share timely communications on confirmations/updates to concerned travelers, focal persons and UNHAS.
- Responsible for the facilitation and booking of UNHAS Helicopter cargo requests.
- As part of UNHAS flight booking requirements, prepare introduction letters for IRC visitors and IRC staff without ID cards.
- Book all UN hub accommodation in Borno State and share timely communications on confirmations/updates to concerned travelers / Field Coordinators/ SAMs/focal persons.
- Book all hotel accommodation requests in Maiduguri, Borno state.
- Bookings of accommodations and arrangements of airport pick-up for workshop participants as requested.
Payment and Reconciliation:
- Process and reconcile all accommodation (hotel and UN hub) payments on weekly basis.
- Work closely with Travel Officer in Abuja and other UNHAS focal persons on any reconciliation task regarding UNHAS bookings
- Work closely with Admin Officer in Abuja for timely renewal of visa/residence permit and support the HR Coordinator on submission of NIS monthly report.
- Support the transport team and update the security team on the movement plan by sharing the daily accommodation tracker.
Tracking, Records and Reporting:
- Ensure that all UN hub and hotel bookings requests are made in writing (email) and copies of booking requests, TAFs and other supporting documents are available in designated Admin folder (both hard copy and Box) for record/tracking purposes.
- Track of all UNHAS flight bookings requests according to dates, user, location and store same on designated Box folder.
- Ensure that duplicate copies of UN Hub accommodation payment invoices/receipts and TAFs are maintained in Admin for record and reconciliation purposes and store same on designated folder on BOX.
- Track of all UN Hub accommodation bookings according to dates, user, Location and grant charges and store same on the designated folder on BOX.
- Compile and share weekly report of all UNHAS Helicopter bookings and accommodations (UN Hub and Hotels)
- Ensure that all travel request documents comply to IRC travel SOPs before booking and flag up any compliance concerns to the Senior Admin Officer in Maiduguri and where applicable Travel Officer in Abuja.
- Make UNHAS bookings in line with UHAS Standard Operating Procedures.
Office Administration Management:
- Support the Senior Admin Officer in the day-to-day management of IRC leases/facilities, records, purchase request of office supplies and airtime, payments and supervision of other support staff.
Other Human Resources/Administration Functions:
- Read, review and become knowledgeable of the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Snr. Admin Officer
Position directly supervises: Cleaners, Cooks and other Casual staff
Indirect Reporting: HR /Admin Coordinator and Snr. HR Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All Staff, visitors and partners
External: UNHAS/WFP, INGO-Forum, UN Hub, Hotels etc.
- University Studies/ Higher Education in Human Resources, Business Administration, or any other related course.
- 1 year of experience in similar position.
- Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a plus
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative solutions in response to HR/organizational Country Program challenges.