An Engineering firm in the business of providing electronic security solutions, with its office situated at Ikeja is looking to hire a company driver to join its team / operation.
The candidate must have a valid National Driver's License and LASDRI license, must be ready to work on weekends when required and should be living around Ikeja, Ojota, Maryland, Ogba, Gbagada environs for proximity.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with Lagos road network and should be ready to travel on periodical basis when required.
Reports to: Admin Officer
The Driver works to support the efficient implementation and achievement of the organization's vision, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives by daily provision of efficient transportation services.
The Driver is expected to drive and maintain the company’s vehicle.
Duties and responsibilities
- To effectively manage the assets of the organisation according to authorised administrative policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Maintain vehicle to which he is assigned in accordance with company policies.
- Reduce expenses and running cost on vehicles to the barest minimum
- Complies with all traffic rules and regulations
- Perform checks on the vehicle assigned on a daily basis to ensure it is in perfect condition
- Reports any malfunction or fault on any vehicle to the Admin Officer.
- Must always be prepared for an emergency
- Must be of good comportment
- Ensures all logs, registers and other books required to be filled, are filled with the right information required
- Keep the assigned vehicle clean at all times
- Ensure that vehicle particulars are up to date
- Ensure that drivers’ license is up to date
- Takes responsibility for any damage done to the vehicle
- Ensure all work is performed in line with company policies, procedures, and standards
- Be duly informed and aware of ISDL’s QHSE policy and departmental QHSE objectives.
- Ensure the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization.
- Actively participate in all QHSE related activities.
Skill, knowledge, education and experience
- Minimum of SSCE qualification
- 2 -3 years’ experience
- Good driving skills
- Good knowledge of mechanical workings of vehicles
- Good understanding of traffic signs and laws
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local routes
- Good knowledge of defensive driving
- Good knowledge of road safety
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- Applicants should not be more than 45 years old.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.