Under the direct supervision of the Staff Health Manager, the Staff Health Field officer is the focal person for all matters relating to the health of ICRC staff in the Delegation. In line with ICRC staff health policies and in collaboration with the medical experts in the HQ, s/he promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of the ICRC staff.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Carries out context-specific health briefing for all new ICRC staff and debriefing for departing staff.
- Ensures all ICRC Staff Health protocol in place (i.e. vaccinations of ICRC staff are complete as determined in the staff health policy and depending on the local available vaccines, First Aid kit & safety precautions, etc)
- Counsels for medical screening at the recruitment stage and for specific professional categories within the
- employment life cycle to ensure the fitness of Staff.
- Assesses referral facilities for ICRC staff, identifies national reference structures for vertical health programs and vaccination centres.
- Develops and implements the Medical Contingency Plan for the delegation
- Ensures support in the implementation of the ICRC Institutional Staff Health Strategy including the Stress &
- Resilience Policy.
- Provides individual medical follow-up and counsel for ICRC staff when advice is sought.
- Organizes peer support sessions in case of critical incidents.
- Contributes and supports on all issues related to Staff Health/Self-insurance
- Creates confidential database/patient file in the delegation.
Education and Experience Required
- MBBS, with minimum 3 years of clinical experience with medical license to practice
- Fluency in English;
- Experience in mental health, stress management;
- Experience in medical evacuation and transportation;
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health systems
- ICRC experience an asset
- Proficiency with MS-Office and internet tools;
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills
- Management skills.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of her/his time, as per needs (domestic as well as international)
- Keeps strict medical confidentiality
- Respect of medical professional regulations
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 30.09.2021, 16:30hrs
Send Curriculum vitae, Cover letter and NYSC certificate to [email protected] Clearly indicate “the job code and job title as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.