Our Client, is Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing technology company. They aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands.
Some of their achievements include winning the Future of Workplace Awards for Employer of the Year and One of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria by Jobberman in 2018, amongst others. Their culture and values revolve around Dynamism, Autonomy, Team work and Agility which reflect their attitude towards work and their light hearted spirit towards their people.
Our Client is looking to hire a Senior Developer Engineer, to give the Company a strong and competitive standing within the digital space through a robust product portfolio. The role involves maintaining and supporting existing products while designing and supervising the development of new products in line with changing market requirements.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- You will be the custodian of all production systems powering various products and service offerings across Publishers, Ad Exchanges, Telcos and Financial Services. These products deliver the most relevant content and ads real-time.
- The Company runs one of the largest AWS workloads in Africa with hundreds of servers. Their ambition as a business provides you an opportunity to strategically influence the evolution of a world-class production platform, processes, methodologies, technologies and so much more.
- You will be involved in decision making and in rolling out the changes with your team.
- Your ability to adapt to a fast-moving environment will be a key element to the company’s success. Your technical background and autonomy will help you fit with in.
- They are still a young company where there is still a lot to build and drive Implement and manage a CI/CD Pipeline.
- To develop the annual technical department budget.
- To arrange for closure of deficiencies found in vetting, PSC Inspections, Charterers inspections, P&I Club surveys, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Competence Requirements:
- Demonstrated a strong knowledge of Linux Systems or Windows Fundamentals (CentOS, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012)
- Strong experience in scripting with one of the following languages: Python, Bash etc.
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers) as well as System Administration
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting problems, including impact assessment
- Experience in working with local and remote teams to resolve large scale production issues and escalation to the right level
- Skills in identifying recurring issues to design and implement automatic response
- Strong experience with either automation frameworks Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc) and/or monitoring tools (Nagios, Centreon, Graphite, Kibana etc) or configuration management
- Experience with performance monitoring/tuning Experience working with large scale deployments in cloud or hybrid environments
- Proficiency with incident management
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Knowledge of AWS services and extensive experience deploying dev, staging and production workloads.
- Hands on experience with container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes
- Strong hands-on experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps is required.
- Experience in working on a Linux production platform, running Web Services (NginX, Apache, etc)