Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. Nigeria currently falls short of the National Gender Policy benchmark of 35% minimum gender representation and other globa...
NWTF is looking to recruit experienced personnel to fill the position of Programme Officer under the Towards Inclusive Governance, (TIGN) project. The project is the phase II of the project. The project is aimed at consolidating the gains of the 6 April milestone judgement on the 35 Percent Affirmative Action for women in Nigeria and the promotion of strong, inclusive, effective, and legitimate democratic institutions.
Job title: Program Officer
Reports to: Programme Team and the CEO
Contract length: 2 years, renewable yearly
Remuneration: Negotiable and competitive within the sector.
Project’s Program Officer’s key tasks will be to realize the successful implementation of all the activities under the donor supported TIGN Project. The Programme Officer will have the responsibility for coordinating NWTF’s implementation of the program from the Abuja office and in all the focal states. The post holder will ensure that planning and implementation is in accordance with approved work plan and budget, while making certain that monitoring and evaluation is on track as well as the project visibility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences including Law, Political Science, Communications, Economics, Gender and Development, Public Policy, and Management.
- A Master’s Degree in development or a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area, broad familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and inclusive governance targeting women.
- The program coordinator must possess a certain degree of creativity, innovation and latitude including a good understanding and knowledge of the Nigerian democratic and political environment and its interplay around women’s inclusion and political participation as well as the existing legal frameworks and in line with international and regional instruments that Nigeria has signed on to.
- Must be female and familiar with development partners, government, and civil society organizations with demonstrated knowledge of the Nigerian legal and political environment.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organization, attention to detail and leadership skills.
- Clear spoken and written communication, active listening, and can perform a variety of tasks.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- A good expertise on women’s leadership and political participation issues, and an active interest in the workings of civil society.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Travel to different communities to implement program activities is required.
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Lead the team on the NWTF TIGN project including general mobilization of state and non-state actors in the true implementation of the judgment.
- Coordinate various stakeholders on the value of the judgement.
- Initiate and follow through relevant research findings to aid the implementation of the judgement
- Provide input into writing and releasing press releases, organising press conferences, interfacing with media, managing the social media platforms and contributing to the communication strategy of the projects.
- Regularly collate information and current statistics on women’s leadership and political participation in Nigeria and globally.
- Prepare presentations and brief notes as required to aid actions on the 35 percent Affirmative Action judgement.
- Keep abreast of all media and political mentions with relevance to the objectives of the NWTF TIGN Project and advice on media response as appropriate.
- Coordinate specific project reports in line with donor guidelines.
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the CEO.
Office hours: Traditional Office hours of 8am – 5pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s along with a Cover Letter, outlining relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Kindly use the title of the position in the subject line). Deadline for Application is 31 March 2023
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.