Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Premises engineer oversees all construction and rehabilitation works related to ICRC premises (residences, offices, warehouses) in Maiduguri Sub Delegation, Damboa and Monguno Offices.
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, water and habitat, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and proposes adapted interventions.
- Draws up engineering documents (designs and bills of quantities) for engineering projects using approved formats;
- Prepare Internal Request, Supply Request, call for tender, contracts, selection table and other technical, administrative and logistic documents as required, in consultation with the concerned departments
- Monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Supervises small numbers of contractors working on project sites and conducts quality control of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building code/standards and ensures corrective action is taken if necessary
- Prepares implementation/progress reports.
- Manages project purchasing on labor and materials according to the delegation's financial rules.
- Trains or organizes training for end-users in the operation and maintenance of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Writes minutes of meetings (with contractors, suppliers, etc.)
- Keeps records of the key information of all projects in a dedicated data base and update it on a regular basis.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent higher education degree in water supply and sanitation engineering, Civil Engineering or any related technical field
- Additional vocational training in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or any related technical field
- 3-5 years’ professional experience
- Skilled with AutoCAD, Epanet 2.0 or any other related softwares
- Experience in assessing, surveying, calculating and preparing estimates and technical drawings of building and water related projects.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Expert level in computer skills
- Organized and autonomous to be able to manage and follow up on several projects at the same time and independantly.
- Perfectionist to ensure the completed work are up to ICRC standards
- Diplomatic but firm with contractors/technicians to safeguard the interests of the ICRC at all time.
- Team player to interact and collaborate efficiently with different ICRC staff and departments (Logistics, Wathab, Management and Administration).
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 30.09.2021, 16:30hrs.
Send Curriculum vitae, Cover letter and NYSC certificate to [email protected] Clearly indicate “the job code and job title as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.