eRecruiter was born from the need to have a Pan-African recruitment consulting firm which places the client first. Our goal is to be the best recruiter in Africa, in the industries we operate.
We are a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell in Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods.
We currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, and Zambia. We are backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly), and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey, and Dropbox).
About the role:
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
- Perform administrative and office support, such as typing, dictation, spreadsheet creation, faxing, and maintenance of filing system and contact database.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business.
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite.
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment, maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs.
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Coordinate all office equipment for team members.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office leases.
- Manage all PA duties with swiftness and discretion.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Address employee queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware, and travel arrangements).
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, and conferences.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Administrative Officer, or Administrative Assistant.
- Knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Google docs, sheets, and slides.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Quick decision-making.
- Delegating tasks effectively.
- Organized and attention to detail.
- Approachable and communicative.
- Technology savvy.
People are the heart of our business, so we prioritize welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits, including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Private health insurance.
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions.
- Access to company Sessions, and development training courses.
- Diesel and fuel allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; Work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.