Position Title: Office Driver
Supervised by: Administrative and Finance Department.
Purpose: To provide driving support to the organization, while adhering to standard driving regulations and the Nigerian Highway Code
Job Profile: The Driver will be expected to provide driving support to the teams as well as other short-term and long-term technical specialists thereby aiding in the delivery of both Programmes goals and objectives.
- The Driver reports to the Finance and Admin Officer
- The employee serves as a Driver for the Office.
- Carries out driving duties as instructed or authorized.
- Checks daily vehicle schedule for the office (missions, transport needs), prepares necessary plans / arrangements and reports on changes.
- Maintains the relevant forms (Vehicle Ledger and Vehicle Fuel Forms) and submits them as required
- Carries mobile phone at all times, switched on and charged.
- Ensures that the vehicle(s) allocated are checked on a daily basis (Monday to Friday) concerning fuel, water, oil and other fluids, tyre pressure and any damage/ repair requirements (which are to be reported to Administration for action).
- Ensures that allocated vehicles are kept clean and the interiors tidy.
- Reports any accident or driving incident immediately.
- Adheres to all road traffic regulations, including the wearing of seat belts and will be held responsible for any violation.
- The driver must ensure that he is in possession of a driving license when on driving duties
- Carries out any other duties that may ensure smooth operations as may be assigned.
- Condition of service is very attractive and negotiable.
Required Academic / Professional Qualifications, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of SSCE;
- Certified professional driving training (preferred);
- Fluent English & local language;
- Previous experience of working with an NGO sector is highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in Nigeria and FCT in particular;
Essential Competencies / Skills:
- Valid category B driving license
- Demonstrable defensive driving skills (in town and on dirt roads);
- Good communication skills;
- Basic routine maintenance and vehicle handling skills;
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.
Condition of Service: Attractive and negotiable. NWTF is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Work in Abuja
About the organisation: kindly see www.womenfund.org