Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
UNICEF contributes to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals in Nigeria with a mandate to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential.
UNICEF’s Nigeria country programme:
Aims to accelerate the realization of the rights of all c...
Job No: 549046
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Support to Programme Development and Planning:
- Conduct/update situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of nutrition related programs/projects. Research and report on development trends (e.g. political social, economic, nutrition, health) to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of section program goals, objectives and strategies including in emergencies, and results-based planning through analysis of nutrition needs and areas for intervention and submission of recommendations for priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results-based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process.
Focus on Logistics and Supplies Forecast, Distribution and Risk Mitigation:
- Improve within Sokoto Field Office nutrition team capacities to forecast, budget, match procurement and logistics to needs/ circumstances.
- Improve within the Sokoto Field Office nutrition team and partner capacities on gathering intelligence on the risks, supplies monitoring, etc, aimed to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Lead the Sokoto Field Office nutrition team in handling suspected or actual fraud, theft, misuse, sale of UNICEF’s in-kind donations for profit gains, among other risks.
Information Management (Data, Analytics and Evidence):
- Strengthening Sokoto Field Office nutrition data systems (routine, surveys and surveillance), including enabling interoperability and digitization of data platforms.
- Strengthen the Field Office’s approaches and platforms for collecting, analyzing and reporting high quality nutrition data.
- Maintain information databases and general project tools and consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate data collected throughout various assessments.
- Manage Sokoto Field Office’s relevant nutrition data sets, including humanitarian and development data sets. Coordinate and harmonize data with relevant cluster stakeholders.
- Provide support in planning and executing data collection activities, including reviewing documents, preparing survey protocols and adopting standardized approaches and tools for nutrition/Cash Based Transfer (CBT) programming.
- Provide analytics, assess trends and measure outcomes relating to achievement of Sokoto Field Office nutrition project targets to support evidence-based programming.
- Compile, clean and analyse nutrition/ CBT data including Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MICYN), Vitamin A supplementation and other micronutrients etc.
- Support quality and timely reporting based on agreed monitoring frameworks.
- Generate high quality reports and knowledge products including presentations, publications, newsletters, etc.
- Support the preparation of quarterly, annual and adhoc reports and newsletters and share findings with stakeholders for informed decision making.
- Consolidate data and draft relevant inputs for the progress and final reports for all nutrition reports (mid-year and end-year activity monitoring, strategic monitoring questionnaires etc.).
- Conduct field visits to programme target areas to monitor the quality of data collection and reporting and provide supportive supervision as and when needed.
- Provide support for any evaluation(s) and documentation.
- Present information in understandable, effective and visually appealing tables, charts, graphs, maps, visuals and reports (such as snapshots, dashboards, gap analysis, etc.).
- When needed, coordinate and plan nutrition meetings, develop agendas, document minutes and share action points with all relevant persons.
Technical and Operational Support to Programme Implementation:
- Conduct regular programme field visits and surveys, and exchange information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support. Take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners, and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes, and best practices on nutrition-related issues to support programme implementation, operations and delivery of results.
Networking and Partnership Building:
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with nutrition sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve program goals and social justice, equity and rights of mothers, newborn and children.
- Draft communication and information materials for program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for nutrition programs.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency meetings/events on programming to collaborate with nutrition partners.
Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building:
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Public Health and Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Agriculture and Nutrition, Public Health, Medical Sciences, Medicine or other relevant discipline(s).
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience working in complex environments managing nutrition projects.
- Background/familiarity with an emergency would be an asset.
- Experience in logistics and supplies forecast, distribution, and risk mitigation is essential.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in analytical, research methodology and statistical skills is required.
- Knowledge of the UN rules, procedures and regulations would be an asset.
- Working experience in UN or other international development organization would be an asset
- Nigerian National, fluency in English. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For Every Child, you Demonstrate:
- UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF Competencies Required for this Post are:
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (I)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (II)
- Works Collaboratively with others (II)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (II)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (II)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (II)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (II)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (II)