Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Employment Category: Contract
Employment Type: Full-Time
Vacancy Type: National
Location: Dikwa and Rann (Borno)
Reporting to: Nutrition Officer
CARE International has scaled up its intervention in Dikwa and Rann LGA (Borno State), with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. The Nutrition Assistants will based at one of the LGAs performing on-going monitoring and support supervision, provide guidance to LGA partners on nutrition activities, assist nutrition officers in program planning and staff capacity building. The Nutrition Assistant will monitor and support the performance of nutrition activities. Training of community based volunteers (Mother-to-Mother, Support group, PMCs), Supervision and Sensitization. The Nutrition Assistant will mainstream nutritional activities with regards to Infant and Young Child Feeding practices and other nutrition programs.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- To assist the Protection Officer in working with programme staffs and beneficiaries to develop structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
- This role will also involve management of CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
- The post holder with support from the Protection Officer will ensure the collection of quality complain and feedback across the response.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members, support programme coordination and policy engagement.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyze and communicate complex CRM system.
- Assist in programme updates for the response management and internal information sharing
- Assist Protection officer with data collection processes if needed
- Conduct field monitoring visits (including the use of the Quality benchmark/monitoring checklist) and facilitating focus group discussions
- Assist with implementation of programme evaluations (data collection)
- Support MEAL in conducting assessments as needed
- Assist in handling, documenting, confidentiality and security of all informational resource related to feedback and complaints from beneficiaries
- Support Complaints and Feedback Mechanism, including communicating responses to complainants; liaise with programmes and operations to ensure prompt follow-up on feedback and complaints received.
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- BSc / HND / ND in Management, Social Research, and Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 1 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
CARE strongly encourage women to apply.