Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Level: Mid Level
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join our team in our Dutse office.
- This person will ensure proper and timely implementation of AAH M&E tools, activities, and reporting, to support proper and adequate resource management; HR, finance and logistics, document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, provide support to other teams as requested by MEAL Manager or Deputy Manager. This CDGP funded position will end 31st July 2021.
- Ensure timely and quality data collection, (needs assessments, household registration, baseline / end line surveys, PDMs, KAP surveys, FDG, KII and others) by drafting the necessary quantitative and qualitative tools (ToR and data collection tools, including coding) for review and validation by the technical team.
- Ensure implementation of MEAL plans through routine monitoring of activities at the field level.
- Support teams to pilot data collection tools and integrate the findings into the final tools by providing feedback / error reports to the MEAL Manager or Deputy Manager.
- Train and manage the M&E Assistants to carry out regular M&E functions, ensuring that all AAH procedures and policies are respected.
- Perform timely and quality data analysis of MEAL data for different projects as needed through Excel or other statistical software for review and validation by the M&E Manager.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting of MEAL activities implemented by their team (surveys, monitoring activities.
- Provide support to the review and development of M&E systems for new projects, in collaboration with M&E manager and deputy manager and projects teams at the field level.
- Provide effective and constructive daily supervision of M&E Assistants while strengthening their skills and capacity.
- Support program teams, advocacy and knowledge management teams to identify lessons learned and best practices, and produce case studies and human interest stories through collation and analysis of M&E information.
- Provide support for donor reports and proposal inputs as requested by MEAL Manager, Deputy Manager, HOD or DHODs.
- Support Accountability team in the resolution of complaints when required.
- Degree in Economics, International Development, Statistics, Public Health, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning of humanitarian or development programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MEAL concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Demonstrated practical experience with mobile data collection.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills).
Minimum Basic Salary
N260,244 per month