The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS w...
Read more about this company
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS), is an International Catholic Organization working across 56 countries whose mission is to accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and IDPs in conflict zones, detention centres, and on remote borders
By the authorization of the National Logistics Officer and under the supervision of the Project Director in the field, The Logistics Officer will facilitate the proper development of all JRS projects in Nigeria through the coordination of staff movements, their adequate housing, and above all a supply follow-up and organizations of material, both in the country office and in the bases.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the compliant processing of all procurement of program supplies, office supplies, training materials, training venues, catering services, among others that are needed for the emergency response operations according to the Procurement Policy
- Responsible for safekeeping the hard copies and soft copies of the procurement packages, asset management forms, fleet management forms, warehousing documents, distribution reports, and other pertinent documents relating to supply chain.
- Follow up with suppliers e.g. delivery schedules of goods and other procurement related concerns. This includes coordinating with the suppliers/service providers for the delivery and transportation of the goods for the program.
- He/she is also responsible for giving feedback from the program staff to the supplier and vice versa.
- Accountable for the accounting, maintenance of goods/equipment for the program. This includes keeping and monitoring warehousing records of all goods that are received and dispatched.
- Identify what goods/equipment needs to be replenished, purchased and/or dispersed.
- Maintain a file or record of suppliers through the Supplier Database, ensuring that they are compliant with Child Safeguarding, PSEAH and Fraud Policies of JRS.
- Ensures proper documentation of all Supply Chain processes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the Procurement Tracker for all procurements.
- Responsible for submission of the Supply Chain KPI Report to the National Logistics Officer.
- Issues assets to staff and tracks assets assigned to staff through the Asset Register.
- Oversees fleet concerns that includes the daily movement of the program and support staff, mobilization of program supplies for distribution and for trainings/workshops, observance of safety & security protocols, management of drivers and submission of the monthly Fleet analysis.
- Responsible for keeping track of all supplies received and dispatched through the Warehouse Tracker and for keeping documentation for these movements intact, including acknowledgement from beneficiaries for distributed goods/kits.
- Ensures the appropriate use and security of assets and equipment assigned to the project office area.
- Ensuring proper housekeeping of physical and electronic files and project assets are accounted for and deployed as appropriate
- Performs other duties and responsibilities delegated by the heads within his or her capacity.
- Finalize reports on the status of the available and consumed supplies.
- Contribute to organizational learning and enhanced capacity in planned intervention and activities by providing feedback to the team on things and areas that are to be improved
- Outlines recommendations for key issues that arise during the project implementation Security and Safety. If necessary, accompany the Country Director for security purposes.
- Contribute to the running monitor of the prevailing security conditions by gathering security related information.
- Assist in ensuring that the necessary measures are in place to ensure security, safety, health, and well-being of JRS, and other visitors; and that security standards and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Support partnering efforts and opportunities with the Local Government Units, other government line agencies and structures, NGOs, and other stakeholders through consultation, information sharing when necessary.
- Provides comments and suggestions when deemed necessary to all other activities such as resource mobilization.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- HND/B.Sc in a relevant field
- At least 4 years proven experience in a similar role preferably within an INGO.
- Traceable references from previous employers
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with suppliers, colleagues and JRS beneficiaries
- High standards of integrity; professionalism and impartiality
- Must be able to exhibit high level of confidentiality
- Well-developed organizational and file management skills
- Knowledge on Logistics and procurementt best practices.
- Working knowledge of the global leading practices in facility management, fleet management, general administration, and supplier management
- In-depth understanding of PSEAH and child safe-guarding policies.
- Deep understanding of the supplier selection process and the various suppliers available locally and internationally.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of administrative practices, principles and techniques
You are expected to adhere to JRS values and respect the code of conduct, work in a high-pressure environment, have a good autonomy and be able to adapt quickly to your work according to local conditions.