The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project provides procurement and supply management support to the US government-funded public health programs to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. In Nigeria, GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems-strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project distributes HIV/AIDS, malaria, and family planning commodities to health facilities and laboratories throughout Nigeria’s 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory. It also leads the operationalization of the National Integrated Specimen Referral Network in Nigeria. Besides GHSC-PSM, the Nigeria implementing team also supports an agreement with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria to bolster public health supply chains by providing warehousing and distribution services for HIV and malaria commodities.
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term professional labor to support strategic engagement, advocacy, and knowledge management and communications (KMC) activities through strategic planning, implementation, and capacity building for the Nigeria country office.
The Learning, Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication Specialist supports the project’s internal and external knowledge management and communication (KMC) activities in Nigeria in line with the project's Learning, Knowledge Management, and Strategic Communication (LKM&SC) strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the project’s LKM&SC strategy.
- Promote and ensure compliance with internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes, and protocols.
- Organize and maintain knowledge management resources such as trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure that current and new staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Support the implementation of work plan activities, identifying opportunities to champion knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to help staff adapt knowledge management tools and practices to support data-driven decision making and project learning.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other relationship management activities with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Develop innovative ways to share project learning such as creating newsletters, posters, factsheets, and briefs and hosting share fairs, marketplaces, world cafes, webinars, peer learning sessions.
- Cultivate relationships with and collaborate with partner organizations in their contributions to GHSC-PSM.
- Promote and facilitate staff engagement in country-level, project-level, and global communities of practice.
- Support development of a country-level learning agenda.
- Support the Manager, Learning and Strategic Communication in developing and sharing project’s internal and external learning and communication activities
- Support the Manager, Learning and Knowledge Management in overseeing learning and adaptive management approaches and capacity building initiatives
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in knowledge management and communications, experience working in the supply chain, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of knowledge management and communication theory and practice.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience implementing and managing new information and workflow systems and processes.
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain knowledge management activities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business).
The Learning and Knowledge Management Specialist will report directly to the Learning and Strategic Communication Manager with some task management and supervision from the Learning and Knowledge Management Manager.
This long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.