Our client is a multispecialty, tertiary care private hospital in Nigeria. They offer care across a range of specialty medical and surgical services and they deliver high quality, and accessible healthcare to communities in Lagos and Nigeria at large. The focus of our client is to deliver medical excellence and global standards of quality service, providing exceptional patient care through outstanding medical outcomes and high-quality nursing care. The hospital is looking for leaders who are ready to contribute to the achievement of these goals.
Job Title: Intensive Care Physician
Department/Division: Critical Care
Reports to: Head of Department
Location: Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Objective: The objective of this role is to assist in the effective and efficient management of the ICU, providing excellent medical services to clients and patients with utmost respect and courtesy to give a satisfactory customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Care and management of specialty cases. Evaluate patients and carry out appropriate medical treatment plan and procedures.
- Attending to emergency calls as it arises.
- Conduct regular rounds and more frequently for critically ill patients.
- Conduct specialist outpatient clinics as required
- Document all patient evaluations, investigations, treatments, medications and transactions according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Compliance with clinical practice guidelines and pathways
- Carry out procedures as granted and approved in clinical privilege document.
- Assist with Anaesthesia procedures as required and directed by the HOD.
- Supervision and training of medical officers and nurses.
- Manage patients’ and their relatives’ expectations with adequate information with regards to treatment options and outcomes, discharge and billing.
- In liaison with the medical officer, nursing and billing teams, ensure billing formalities, necessary certificates, discharge summaries, take home medication and subsequent appointments are properly filled and kept ready in advance.
- Deal with patients constructively and honestly and manage their grievances
- Keeping abreast of the latest medical information through continuous medical education, formal education and personal professional development.
- Maintaining a portfolio of continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
- Facilitate and make clinical & non-clinical presentations at hospital clinical meetings as assigned
- Observing and staying up-to-date with the laws and statutory codes of medical practice
- Performing other applicable tasks and duties as assigned by the HOD.
- Membership of hospital committee as assigned
- Abiding by the hospital rules, protocols and standard practices.
Requisite Education, Experience and formal training:
- Basic medical training, Residency training and Specialty Fellowship from recognized and accredited institutions
- Relevant certifications in BLS, ACLS and core specialty
- Post Fellowship Specialty knowledge and experience for up to 1 year
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria with valid practice license
- Professional competence
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Active listening and attention to details
- Teaching and mentoring skills
- A ‘cool head’ in emergency situations
- Respect for patients and keeping good relations with colleagues
- Professional and ethical