Requisition ID: 299564
Location: Lagos, NG, 101001
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
Work Area: Sales
Career Status: Professional
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
- Our mission is to work with our sales and solution colleagues to help shape a Vision-to-Value proposition to help our customers envision their future and create an action plan for technology enabled transformation.
- Across our teams, we take responsibility for all elements of customer lifetime value, to deliver on outcomes, and build lasting relationships with our customers.
IVA delivers four main services:
- Industry Demand Generation: raise the awareness of SAP’s industry capabilities, create sales plays, and partner with sales and solution colleagues to develop SAP’s strategic accounts.
- Vision-to-Value: engage collaboratively with selected customers and with our knowledge of the industry, discover business goals and challenges and shape an inspiring customer vision that can be enabled by an SAP-supported roadmap to deliver tangible business outcomes
- Executive Value Proposals: co-create a coherent story of how the customer’s goals are best supported by SAP’s unique value proposition to support investment decision in SAP’s solutions.
- Value Realisation Validation: for selected customers; assess and document the business (KPI) improvement, the critical success factors, and value enabled by the SAP-based transformation.
We are looking for an Industry Value Advisory to join our West Africa team working across Industry with the following main areas of responsibility:
Making Industry Markets and Generating Demand
Market analysis, strategy and industry thought leadership:
- Analyse the industry’s potential and help craft a go-to-market approach to build high-quality pipeline.
- Develop SAP's industry brand through thought leadership on social and traditional media, content creation, and presenting at industry events.
- Build and maintain a customer network.
Strategic Account Business Development:
- Partner with field sales teams to identify revenue opportunities and lead account strategies.
- Align with customer C-level executives to uncover business challenges that can be solved by SAP.
- Ensure important customer goals and KPIs remain in focus in sales engagements.
Executing Vision-to-Value Engagements with Priority Customers
- Position and lead SAP’s engagements to build the case-for-change enabled by SAP solutions.
- Lead design thinking workshops to explore new business models and develop future vision.
- Use techniques such as interviews and process benchmarking to discover value opportunities.
- Work with solution colleagues to ensure our solution capabilities are connected to value drivers.
- Identify, calculate, and validate the value potential and ROI of SAP-enabled transformation.
Co-creating Executive Value Proposals
- Work with the account team to ensure compelling industry and value messages are conveyed in deliverables such as RFP Responses, Value Propositions, Points-of-View, Product Demos etc.
- Assist customer executives to build and deliver board-level justification documents (case for change) for approval of multi-million transformation projects enabled by our software.
Validating Value Realisation
- Monitor the progress selected customers are making in their SAP-enabled transformations.
- Through customer interviews and assessments, document the value realised for reference purposes.
Education And Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent from accredited university preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent report (PPT, Word) authoring skills using the pyramid principle and with attention to detail.
- Strong group management and facilitation skills; design thinking or similar methods a strong plus.
10+ years in roles such as
- Strategy, business, or technology consulting.
- Business development or value advisory for software or cloud services.
- Strategy setting, transformation or P&L leadership in Consumer Industries (Retail, Consumer Products, Life Sciences) related areas.
Job Specific Competencies and Skills
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and curious individual who has:
A pro-active, flexible and can-do attitude:
- Willing to take either a leading or supporting role, depending on context and team composition.
- Builds trust with colleagues and customers by delivering high quality results rapidly and reliably.
- Bridges knowledge gaps by actively networking and seeking out information.
An Aptitude for industry-based, consultative selling:
- Combines an understanding of industry dynamics, customer strategy and business models to identify and articulate value opportunities.
- Masters techniques such as workshop facilitation, issue analysis, benchmarking and cost-benefit/ROI analysis to develop clear, well supported recommendations in written documents.
- Delivers crisp presentations to small and large audiences and deals efficiently with objections.
Executive and Sales Awareness:
- Able to shape interventions and communications appropriately with an awareness of the dynamics and incentives of our sales executives and customers.
- Actively position our services by pro-actively identifying situations where IVA can add value, both internally with account teams and externally with customers.
- Capable of shaping and motivating a course of action in ambiguous situations, or where our services may be unsolicited.
- The requirements of the role are similar in many ways to Management Consulting, however with significantly less travel and more multi-tasking on multiple customer engagements in different stages.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, results oriented work environment and be able to develop new expertise in different industries, lines-of-business, and solution areas as required.