Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G,3G and 4G services, fixed line, high spee...
Read more about this company
Responsible for conceiving, developing and executing the digital strategy for delivering digital adoption and revenue through a well-positioned product portfolio. Commercial owner of key digital performance metrics and responsible to drive digital share of recharges, bundle sales, post-paid lines, Fibre and self-service. Owner of driving digital channel adoption to the base and enable new businesses and revenue streams for Airtel with a particular focus on selling core and content (VAS, Music, Video, Gaming) products into the consumer and small business segments.
Digital strategy and corporate planning
- Develop and execute the Digital Strategy that enables Nigeria OpCo to win in the market as a destination for the best digital experience in Communication and Content and to be the Lifestyle Partner of choice of our customers.
- Creates strategic plans to win market share from competitors and keeps abreast of global, local and competitive trends and able to translate into digital strategy and operational/tactical plans for orgnisation and functional counter-parts.
- Developed and managed execution of key strategic initiatives across regulatory, strategic investments, M&A, performance management, corporate planning and business re-organization.
Set up Digital Revenue Organizations
- Run and setup core digital services – Product Marketing (for digital channels adoption) and setup Digital content, advertising and e-Commerce (core, content & other) businesses.
- Creation of adjacent new business and revenue streams by understanding Content (VAS, Music, Video, Gaming) eco-systems and partners and leading the commercial discussions on partnership opportunities and operationalizing plans for strong execution
- Collaborate closely with Commercial teams in Sales & Distribution, Marketing, Brand, Customer Experience and Product to ensure a ‘Digital-First’ culture and that Digital channels are integrated into comms, Go-To-Market and Distribution. Driving business priorities such as churn reduction, acquisition, up and cross sales and brand for core GSM business.
- Drive daily, weekly, monthly activities and campaign calendar to drive and retain customers onto digital assets such as My Airtel App, Airtel TV, etc.
Building Digital Customer Experience
- Developing branded customer experience and ensuring consistency of cross channel customer journeys for consumer segments (using customer journey mapping and introducing more generative techniques of research)
- Monitor and measure adoption funnel performance and optimize journey, communication, messaging and all levers in funnel to attract and retain customers on digital assets.
- Custodian of app customer experience and optimization. Ensuring the digital channels are serving customers’ telco and content needs
Innovation and Content
- Drive exceptional focus on digital platforms to drive revenues from content, help drive data penetration through building an exceptional and segmented experience
- Ability to spot trends and understand seasonal cycles to develop new content/VAS opportunities through partnerships and/or buying or building.
- Stays abreast of social media trends and uses reputable research/reports on what digital profile of customers and creates plans on product and content roadmap.
Manage Digital Assets’ Roadmap, Customer Opportunities and ensure optimal spend vis-à-vis budget and monitor performance against plan
- Keep Net Acquisition Costs and others within budget by ensuring effective cost innovation in all areas of digitization.
- Commercial owner of digital/app adoption
- Evaluate, forecast and measure performance against plans
- Lead the production of regular dashboard reports and distribute to executive management with analysis of major digitization trends or issues
- Lead and steer demand planning for demand from other divisions, Digital demand across other teams and own Digital backlogs for Nigeria OpCo and work closely with Group teams for delivery
Creation of highly effective Team
- To ensure the functions objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team. Giving regular feedback and reviews to each team member as this plays a critical role in ensuring employees are engaged and deliver results, leading to lower attrition of people hence protecting talent.
- Develop a bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring and guidance
- App adoption of Revenue generating smartphone base
- ARPU per digital user through Digital Services (VAS, Video, Music, Gaming, etc.)
- Base management of digitally acquired base
- Customer satisfaction score on digital journeys
- Digital share of recharges, bundle purchases, post-paid sales and self-service;
- Average Revenue per App/Digital user
- Cost to acquire post-paid, Broadband and enterprise GSM sales
- Monthly revenue across digital assets such as My Airtel App, My Airtel TV and new digital platforms
- Incremental revenue contribution from Digital services (VAS, Music, Video, Gaming, etc.)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Management or like discipline
- An MBA with focus on Marketing/Emerging Markets
- Certifications or additional qualifications in Advertising, Business Administration, communications and management will be an added advantage
- Performance Marketing and/or Digital Marketing across large consumer brands
- Has owned channels/products and or PnL for a high profile/ high-revenue or high-volume digital business and has had to drive results through own, team and cross-functional teams’ actions.
- At least 15 years working experience with 7 years or more in a senior management role in Telecoms/Digital/social media/Big Tech/Media/Retail industries
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, Empowering and Developing people
- Risk taking appetite
- Operational execution and solution-oriented mind-set
- Performance driven
- Business and Commercial acumen
- Good understanding of corporate governance standards
- Should thrive in challenging situations
- Ability to network with global players
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial Ability