Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The MENTOR Initiative saves lives in emergencies through tropical disease control and then stays to help people recover from crisis with dignity, working side by side with communities, health workers, and health authorities to leave a lasting impact.
Duration: Projected contract duration is up to Mid June 2023
Start Date: Soon as possible
Reporting to: Senior Prevention Officer
- A Bachelors Degree / Higher Diploma.
- Significant NGO and/or work experience related to Data entry and compilation/ data management.
- Able to work as part of an established team with excellent communication skills, team builder, flexible, adaptable.
- Reporting skills and use of KOBO Software.
- Good oral/written comprehension: English and local language(s)
- Maiduguri/Jerre indigene and resident preferred
What We Offer
Salary + Transport & National housing fund contributions + Social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government)
The Mentor Initiative applies a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse, mistreatment or harassment, and other types of unethical behaviour including fraud. The Mentor Initiative will contact previous employers of applicants to determine if they have any history of violating international standards and codes of conduct relating to such matters.
To apply, please send; CV including 3 references (not more than 4 pages) and a letter of motivation to: email@example.com before 27th March 2023.
As position is required as soon as possible, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. MENTOR reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application close date
The MENTOR Initiative is an international NGO, which directly assists developing countries in their fight against malaria and other vector borne disease. The MENTOR Initiative provides support in the fight against malaria and other vector borne diseases through three key activities: intensive development of the technical capacity of humanitarian organizations and national partners, technical support for in-country programs, and operational research for the development and evaluation of innovative and context-specific tools for improved vector borne disease control. The MENTOR Initiative works in collaboration with various international agencies and governments including the United Nations, the Ministry of Health, and other Humanitarian Organizations. In close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, MENTOR is implementing large scale Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) and community mobilization on malaria and hygiene promotion campaigns in the conflict affected areas of Borno state of Nigeria.
Overall, Job Purpose:
- Under the direct supervision of the Senior Prevention Officer, the Data Entry Operator is responsible for cross check all the IRS data with the Program team and ensure the accurate data is computerized and to properly file all the hard copies of the program data.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Timely collection of all the program data from the prevention team on daily basis and to properly cross check for accuracy and to ensure that the accurate data is computerized.
- Support the ME Officer and Senior Prevention Officer in preparation and print out the various data monitoring tools- IRS and entomological activities collection tools.
- Organize data collection of all project related data including operational research).
- In coordination with Senior Prevention Officer and ME officer maintain databases for field activities including Entomological activities and KAP survey and help them in data analysis.
- Participate in data collection from the field.
- In close coordination with the Prevention Officers and ME Officer verify quality of the data in terms of accuracy and key information captured.
- Organize all data files (soft and hard) in an organized and understandable manner and the Cross checking of all the hard data with soft version before sharing.
- Ensure completeness and timeliness of databases for all activities assigned.
- In coordination with the prevention team conduct routine data verification and cleaning of data sets.
- Ensure data are managed with confidentiality and make sure all data within domain remain protected.
- Participate in database and procedure design.
- Conduct field visits for matters that need onsite field data verification and or field supervision.
- Regularly sharing of the data at least twice in a week and also, when needed for PrevCo/CD .
- Proper maintaining and tagging of the data files.
- Timely provision of data for internal and external reports.
- Other activities/duties as agreed upon by the ME Officer/Field Senior Prevention Officer
- Assist the Senior Prevention Officer/ME Officer/Prevention Officers in the day to day activities implementation of the project.
- Provide logistic and administrative support where needed and when requested.
- Participate in training sessions and meetings
- Provide regular updates to Field Senior Prevention Officer and M&E Officer on the progress of all field activities through the data analysis.
- Assist in the biweekly reporting of the data analysis.
- Assist in the provision of data for reporting of the monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual through the Senior Prevention Officer/M&E Officer.
- Assist in any other reporting on need basis with Senior Prevention Officer.
- Work as part of an established team with excellent communication skills, team builder, flexible, adaptable and willing to work and travel to other field locations when required.
- All other tasks asked by the Senior Prevention Officer/M&E Officer Prevention Coordinator if needed.
- Adhere to the agreed MENTOR Code of conduct on Ethics and Integrity and safeguarding including Whistle blowing policy.
- Liaise with the Senior Prevention Officer/ Prevention Coordinator on critical or sensitive matters.
- Specific external communication such as interview by media groups, other agencies, donors or government high level authorities should be referred to the Prevention Coordinator at all times.
- As the MENTOR Initiative is working in a constantly changing humanitarian aid environment, reasonable specific work duties may be requested that may not fit into the above job description, but which will help promote over all programs goals and aims. Similarly, while work on weekends will not normally be required, requests to do so should be regarded as falling within the 40hr working week stipulated within the MENTOR-Initiative’s standard working contract, of which this job description forms a part.