The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS w...
Read more about this company
Supervisor: M & E Specialist
Technical Head: Head of Programmes
Country of Assignment: Nigeria
Regional Directorate: West Africa
Place of Assignment: Taraba
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS), is faith-based Catholic International Organization working across 56 countries whose mission is to accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and IDPs in conflict zones, detention centers, camp and urban settings, and on remote borders. JRS provides psychosocial support programmes in detention centres and refugee camps, provides humanitarian relief in emergency displacement situations, Education and livelihoods programmes, provides skill development and opportunities for integration into host communities.
- Provide leadership in routine data management operations including supporting timely data collection and entry, data quality at all data points, processing, cleaning, analysis and managing the project databases.
- Provide support to research data collection and analysis efforts by the project including special initiatives, outlined surveys, studies and evaluations.
- Participate in preparing for and playing a key role in data review meetings and writing donor reports and participating in dissemination forums
- Ensure timely collection, processing, entry, processing, review, and collation of project data for relevant indicators.
- Perform data cleaning and verify the authenticity and accuracy of the data before reporting to the donor.
- Work closely with M&E and IT teams to develop and/or review project data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids and templates.
- Provide technical assistance to build the capacity of M&E staff in database design, development and implementation, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and implement a capacity-building plan for field projects in data management including analysis, use and dissemination.
- Develop and implement a mentorship programme for health care workers and other data handlers on use of reporting tools.
- Contribute to development of in-depth analysis for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises.
- Under the guidance of technical team leads, conduct in-depth and robust data analysis and presentation using appropriate software.
- Participate in project led special initiatives, surveys and studies and providing technical assistance in data management and report writing.
- Assist in writing of quarterly and annual project reports, processing, review, and submission of project data.
- Assist in writing/editing guidelines/SOPs for data entry, management, and analysis.
- Provide technical guidance in strategies for improving the quality of data from health facilities and the community, and overall data dissemination and utilization at project level.
- Assist in carrying out data quality assessments to review quality of data at project level, and source documents at facility and community levels.
- Participate in data review meetings at various levels, including project level.
- In liaison with Senior Management and Technical Team, lead in project data analytics and visualization efforts to enhance data use at all projects.
Have a University Degree or Master’s degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Information Systems or any related field.
Experience and Skills
- Have a proven work experience of at least Five (5) years in database management, administrative or IT management and in a humanitarian organization.
- Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, and data entry.
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming.
- Knowledge of data visualisation and business information software.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office.
- Excellent data management and analysis skills.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Working knowledge of a local language preferably Hausa Language
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality of the field.